April Review Request Line - High-Def Digest Forums
View Poll Results: What title would you like to see reviewed most from this list?
The Seventh Seal (Criterion Collection) 5 10.20%
Bottle Rocket (Criterion Collection) 3 6.12%
The Princess Bride 10 20.41%
Napoleon Dynamite 6 12.24%
Hellboy: Sword of Storms/Blood & Iron 1 2.04%
Sopranos: Complete First Season 2 4.08%
Akira 6 12.24%
Blade Trilogy (Canadian Import) 13 26.53%
The Painted Veil (German Import) 1 2.04%
Bound (French Import) 2 4.08%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Former Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,462
Default April Review Request Line

There are a number of titles that have slipped through the cracks over the years, a few of which have our readers wondering when they'll be reviewed on this site. We've taken requests in the past, but with the recent amount of releases, it's been hard to work both forwards and backwards.

So, here's step one towards the solution: the Review Request Line. You, the viewers/readers of this site, get to have a say in what titles get reviewed next, by expressing interest in what you want to see. If this thread is a success, there will be more of these RRL's in the near future.

There are 10 titles in this poll, and you are allowed one pick. Please note that even if a title doesn't win a polling, that doesn't mean it won't get a review, it just won't get priority treatment.

There are a number of varied titles in this first batch, including a few imports, so let your voice be heard on titles you want to see reviewed.

If you don't see a title on this list, but want to see it reviewed here, post about it here, let us know!!!! As always, thanks to all our readers, we want to hear your voices, and want to get you as involved as we can!

(please note: this isn't the place to request a review of a title already reviewed, but does not appease one due to a different take on it. this thread is not out to undercut or demean the reviewers of this site).

Last edited by project-blu; 03-29-2010 at 02:35 PM.
  #2  
Old 03-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Former Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,462
Default

and lets bump this to the top considering a few SPAMMERS decided to post right when this was, burying it. gotta love 'em.
  #3  
Old 03-29-2010, 03:48 PM
BostonMA's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
and lets bump this to the top considering a few SPAMMERS decided to post right when this was, burying it. gotta love 'em.
i'm glad a thread like this was made, as it's been long overdue, and i'm glad to see The Seventh Seal on there (which i voted for and am surprised that you haven't reviewed yet since you spoke so highly of it in its thread) and Bound, which i didn't even know was available in France.

i don't mean to be a pain in the arse but are the Raging Bull and Angel Heart reviews that i asked for a few weeks ago in the works? because they're not listed here. same with The Passion of the Christ, which i asked about over a year ago (or about). thanks.
  #4  
Old 03-29-2010, 04:35 PM
jurples's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 312
Default

it's nice to feel as though my request for more reviews of import titles in the comments section of the survey i filled out recently was actually taken into consideration.
  #5  
Old 03-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Former Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,462
Default

BMA- IF this thread is successful, and gets people's attention (more than 30 votes in 30 days would be more than enough to justify it, in my opinion), then Angel Heart is in next month's choices, which I already have mapped out. This first one is mostly big releases, with a mix of imports and a few obscurities that have their devoted fanbases. Titles likely to get people to jump in here and vote, expressing themselves!

I do speak very highly of 7th Seal for a reason, it's a great film. As for Raging Bull, I honestly am not the guy to review that one. That doesn't mean another reviewer wouldn't mind doing it...just means I think watching that one one and done may be enough for me!

Jurples- I have a massive, MASSIVE cache of imports, and if this works, we can do a few of them, yes. Your opinion, just as anyone else's who take the time to let it be heard, is worth considering, always!
  #6  
Old 03-29-2010, 09:45 PM
BostonMA's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
BMA- IF this thread is successful, and gets people's attention (more than 30 votes in 30 days would be more than enough to justify it, in my opinion), then Angel Heart is in next month's choices, which I already have mapped out. This first one is mostly big releases, with a mix of imports and a few obscurities that have their devoted fanbases. Titles likely to get people to jump in here and vote, expressing themselves!

I do speak very highly of 7th Seal for a reason, it's a great film. As for Raging Bull, I honestly am not the guy to review that one. That doesn't mean another reviewer wouldn't mind doing it...just means I think watching that one one and done may be enough for me!

Jurples- I have a massive, MASSIVE cache of imports, and if this works, we can do a few of them, yes. Your opinion, just as anyone else's who take the time to let it be heard, is worth considering, always!
true, true, and again i appreciate your response. i completely agree about SS, as i loved it the second time and ended up buying it. i enjoyed all of the reviews hddb had to offer (from Iggy's to Svet's at br.com) but i always love reading reviews at the one site i'm always blogging on: hdd (where else right?)

that's cool you feel that way about RB, but i'm a bit surprised, as i feel like i could watch it another 100 times. thanks for the info, and if i could i'd vote 30 separate times for an Angel Heart review, because i really want one.
  #7  
Old 03-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Former Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,462
Default

well you can, by telling other people about the threads, and asking them to vote!

wink wink, nudge nudge.
  #8  
Old 03-29-2010, 10:07 PM
BostonMA's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
well you can, by telling other people about the threads, and asking them to vote!

wink wink, nudge nudge.
hahaha very true.
  #9  
Old 03-30-2010, 10:05 AM
JAWoOKIE's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,138
Default

If your the one writing the review, my vote has to go to NP. ) )
  #10  
Old 03-30-2010, 02:47 PM
Former Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,462
Default

yes josh, this is for a title i will be reviewing (and the runner up hopefully not too long after, if we get enough support in here)
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Member Vote: Review Request Line Nov/Dec 2010 project-blu Feedback 36 12-23-2010 03:46 AM
July Review Request Line project-blu Feedback 27 07-24-2010 02:25 PM
June Review Request Line project-blu Feedback 52 06-28-2010 02:22 PM
May Review Request Line project-blu Feedback 44 05-23-2010 09:19 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off