Smackdown being flooded with "I switched/went blu/went hd" threads - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-21-2007, 08:46 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,741
Default Smackdown being flooded with "I switched/went blu/went hd" threads

As the title says, on top of the countless parody and blockbuster threads, I've seen a flood of threads related to what people are choosing with formats. I don't see why the smackdown forum should be home to these threads, when at best case scenario they will devolve into "You should have ________ instead!" flame wars. I realize this site already has its hands full, but I suggest either these threads be disallowed entirely in smackdown, or one megathread is created for all these sorts of posts. Obviously myself and others should continue to report any of these threads that pop up, but I think it would be much more efficient if people were just told it was disallowed, or where to direct it.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-21-2007, 11:08 PM
Pat H's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,009
Default

Smackdown forums are a mess? That's a new one

I agree with you though, threads like that only cause flame wars. I think all further blockbuster and "I switched" threads should be deleted on the spot. If you want to make an announcement, do it in the relevant format specific forum.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-21-2007, 11:12 PM
illegalprelude's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat H View Post
Smackdown forums are a mess? That's a new one

I agree with you though, threads like that only cause flame wars. I think all further blockbuster and "I switched" threads should be deleted on the spot. If you want to make an announcement, do it in the relevant format specific forum.
one step further, i think almost everything in the smackdown forum needs to be deleted. Maybe minus 10 threads. Cause people only post there to piss each other off and start bashing each other. No real "discussion" goes on there
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-21-2007, 11:17 PM
Pat H's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
one step further, i think almost everything in the smackdown forum needs to be deleted. Maybe minus 10 threads. Cause people only post there to piss each other off and start bashing each other. No real "discussion" goes on there
That's an interesting idea. I'm sure a lot of people won't be too happy when their post count goes down by 90% though Luckily I've tried to avoid that place for a while.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-22-2007, 11:23 AM
Bee's Avatar
Bee Bee is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,303
Default

Thanks for the suggestion and I totally agree with it. I will bring it up for discussion.

Bee
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-22-2007, 01:54 PM
jed's Avatar
jed jed is offline
HDD Founder
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_Butler View Post
I've seen a flood of threads related to what people are choosing with formats. I don't see why the smackdown forum should be home to these threads, when at best case scenario they will devolve into "You should have ________ instead!" flame wars. I realize this site already has its hands full, but I suggest either these threads be disallowed entirely in smackdown, or one megathread is created for all these sorts of posts.
Great suggestion. I've just created a new subforum in the smackdown section called "I Switched Sides':
http://forums.highdefdigest.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53

As for the broader complaints about the Smackdown forum, all I can say is our mods work very hard to make sure folks are following the rules there, but smackdown is smackdown -- it's the one place in these forums where we allow format-bashing, and no one ever said it was pretty.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can we update "Game Consoles Smackdown" to just "Gaming Smackdown"? RM Feedback 5 09-06-2013 01:27 PM
Heavy Rain flooded with problems? james Gaming Smackdown 52 03-02-2010 08:28 AM
Closing "Buzz" threads when Reviews threads are made? ben1080p Feedback 8 05-15-2008 09:12 PM
Ebay getting flooded with A2 HD-DVD Players bowl-o-rama High Definition Smackdown 99 11-05-2007 04:34 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off