Smackdown being flooded with "I switched/went blu/went hd" threads - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-21-2007, 08:46 PM

Default Smackdown being flooded with "I switched/went blu/went hd" threads

As the title says, on top of the countless parody and blockbuster threads, I've seen a flood of threads related to what people are choosing with formats. I don't see why the smackdown forum should be home to these threads, when at best case scenario they will devolve into "You should have ________ instead!" flame wars. I realize this site already has its hands full, but I suggest either these threads be disallowed entirely in smackdown, or one megathread is created for all these sorts of posts. Obviously myself and others should continue to report any of these threads that pop up, but I think it would be much more efficient if people were just told it was disallowed, or where to direct it.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:08 PM

Smackdown forums are a mess? That's a new one

I agree with you though, threads like that only cause flame wars. I think all further blockbuster and "I switched" threads should be deleted on the spot. If you want to make an announcement, do it in the relevant format specific forum.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat H View Post
Smackdown forums are a mess? That's a new one

I agree with you though, threads like that only cause flame wars. I think all further blockbuster and "I switched" threads should be deleted on the spot. If you want to make an announcement, do it in the relevant format specific forum.
one step further, i think almost everything in the smackdown forum needs to be deleted. Maybe minus 10 threads. Cause people only post there to piss each other off and start bashing each other. No real "discussion" goes on there
Old 06-21-2007, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
one step further, i think almost everything in the smackdown forum needs to be deleted. Maybe minus 10 threads. Cause people only post there to piss each other off and start bashing each other. No real "discussion" goes on there
That's an interesting idea. I'm sure a lot of people won't be too happy when their post count goes down by 90% though Luckily I've tried to avoid that place for a while.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:23 AM

Thanks for the suggestion and I totally agree with it. I will bring it up for discussion.

Bee
Old 06-22-2007, 01:54 PM
HDD Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_Butler View Post
I've seen a flood of threads related to what people are choosing with formats. I don't see why the smackdown forum should be home to these threads, when at best case scenario they will devolve into "You should have ________ instead!" flame wars. I realize this site already has its hands full, but I suggest either these threads be disallowed entirely in smackdown, or one megathread is created for all these sorts of posts.
Great suggestion. I've just created a new subforum in the smackdown section called "I Switched Sides':
http://forums.highdefdigest.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53

As for the broader complaints about the Smackdown forum, all I can say is our mods work very hard to make sure folks are following the rules there, but smackdown is smackdown -- it's the one place in these forums where we allow format-bashing, and no one ever said it was pretty.