Consider Spring Cleaning (of subforums) - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-16-2011, 09:42 AM

Looks exactly the same to me. What am I missing?
Old 08-16-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
This site's userbase has been falling for a good deal of time
Please don't confuse a drop in forum activity for the site's userbase abandoning us. The forum is and always has been only a fraction of the site's general readership. Personally, I think that people have just finally grown sick of rehashing the same old arguments in the forums time and again.

Yes, some of the forums could still use reorganizing, but the sky is not falling.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Please don't confuse a drop in forum activity for the site's userbase abandoning us. The forum is and always has been only a fraction of the site's general readership.
No I certainly don't confuse such - I was speaking with the forums specifically in mind. With that said, a more user friendly and professional forums appearance could only help the site you would think.

In any case, everything is back the way it was, and the site crashed for like 4-5 hours yesterday. Not sure what went on, but I guess this was all a fluke.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Please don't confuse a drop in forum activity for the site's userbase abandoning us. The forum is and always has been only a fraction of the site's general readership. Personally, I think that people have just finally grown sick of rehashing the same old arguments in the forums time and again.

Yes, some of the forums could still use reorganizing, but the sky is not falling.
The site needs a change, a renewal of sorts. Look at the Blu-ray forum, who is updating that? "The Slipcover Thread" has not had a post in 6 months and it is a "Stickie"? Whose idea was that? All of those slip guys post somewhere else, which is actually welcomed news as they continouosly spam the other site with their unnatural obssession with cardboard. Now I expect a certain reviewer to jump into this discussion and state something like "this site is awesome" without acknowledging there's a lot of work to be done. Actually an Administrator should be answering the member's concerns in the Feedback Forum and not the reviewers.

Last edited by Sebastian Emmer; 08-19-2011 at 11:14 PM.