Lg BH200 not playing Blu's - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-11-2009, 09:20 PM

Default Lg BH200 not playing Blu's

It's not playing Lionsgate titles, what gives?
Old 10-12-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraHateEdge View Post
It's not playing Lionsgate titles, what gives?
The player has good taste in movies?

jk, but since I don't care for the horror genre, I have a grand total of 1 Lionsgate releases, 3:10 to Yuma. What titles are giving you problems and what firmware are you running? I keep an eye on the AVS known disc issues thread, and with the June BD Live FW, the only playback issues I see are the newer Disney releases.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:06 AM

Also interested in what titles will not play. I own a few Lionsgates titles and have yet to have any problems playing any of them.

I did have problems playing Snow White last night. I ended up having to watch it on my ps3.

btw Cochise, Lord of War is a LG title(according to DVDAf) and its not a horror title, well unless you take Nic Cages acting into consideration.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdaze73 View Post
Also interested in what titles will not play. I own a few Lionsgates titles and have yet to have any problems playing any of them.

I did have problems playing Snow White last night. I ended up having to watch it on my ps3.

btw Cochise, Lord of War is a LG title(according to DVDAf) and its not a horror title, well unless you take Nic Cages acting into consideration.
At the risk of thread crapping, I will never for the life of me understand why Nic Cage is cast in so many movies. <:-| Whether it's Knowing, National Treasure or Lord of War, he delivers his lines with the same deadpan delivery style like he's just reading the lines. But yeah, it is a Liosgate title; they're not exclusively in the horror genre, but pretty heavily so.

Back on topic, yeah, that's what I see in the AVS thread - Snow White, and also Sleepy Beauty is giving the BH200 fits - does Disney still use those heavily Java menus that sing & dance? Could be the problem. (As you might guess, I'm also not a fan of Disney animation)
Old 10-12-2009, 02:11 PM

I have never seen quite a few of these Disney classics that are coming out(actually never watched that many Disney animated movies period). But having a 2yr old, I figured I might as well start a collection of animated movies for her. The wife & i watched it last night(first time viewings for both of us) and enjoyed it.

As far as Nic goes, I have enjoyed a few movies that he has starred in(Lord of War, National Treasure(1st one only), Matchstick Men) but not because of his acting. Some movies its so bad(see Con Air, Knowing, Ghost Rider) I also wonder how he keeps getting roles in other movies. I guess its all in who you are related to in Hollywood & not how good you are.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Banned

What titles? Lionsgate has 100 Blu-rays available.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:27 PM

What are the exact symptoms?
Old 10-13-2009, 07:22 PM

The other night i tried to watch American Psycho, It tried to read the disc and just ejected it after a few seconds. So then I tried House of 1000 Corpses and i had the same outcome.

I'm running on the current firmware update, I haven't tried any other Lionsgate titles yet but these discs use to play fine.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:26 PM

I haven't had any problems with Lionsgate films on my BH200, but I don't know that I've watched any using the current firmware. Perhaps the current firmware broke some titles that worked before, similar to the problem it has with newer Disney titles.

I have had two titles eject after several seconds of the HD-DVD/BLU logo flashing, as if it couldn't figure out what type of disc it was. However, after repeated attempts by closing the tray again, they eventually played fine. These were "Duplicity" and "Doomsday". Both discs looked perfect, without a scratch. I don't think either of these were Lionsgate films. It took about 4-8 tries.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:28 PM

I just read the AVSForums thread and there sure seems to be more complaints than normal. I still haven't had any issues with my BH200 but I haven't played a lot of discs with it yet. My LG BD300, the model right after this one, quit playing DVD's and I sent it off to LG for repair. LG fixed it quickly and returned it indicating part replaced and based on the BD300 thread I am sure it was the drive. If some of this model won't load LionsGate titles while most are, that is possibly a bad drive in my opinion. I know my BH200 plays the several LionsGate titles I have played including recent releases as I have been on a horror watching binge with Halloween coming. With all of the problems being reported, I sure expect to start having issues with mine.

Chris