Trying to Decide If it's worth Repairing BD-up5000 - High-Def Digest Forums
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 59
Default Trying to Decide If it's worth Repairing BD-up5000

Ok, so I decided to call Samsung Help because of the sound issue on one of the Samsung combo players I have. After about fourty minutes or so of playing a movie, whether it's HD, Blu Ray or SD DVD, the sound because very staticky and garbled. I have tried the player on 2 seperate televisions and also hooking it up by HDMI, Component and having the audio go through the optical connection, with the same issue cropping up. So anyway, Samsung said it'll cost $160.50 to repair the player and if it breaks again, then I'd have to pay again, since it's out of warranty. I love my player but at that price, i should maybe just get a cheap Vizio or Magnavox and pull out my Toshiba A3. However, I may try one last thing. I may try to revert the Firmware back to 1.3, since this problem seems to have started when I updated the firmware. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trying to decide on an AVR, arrgh!! frogmeat69 Home Theater Gear 11 02-13-2009 12:55 AM
Trying To Decide On A New Reciever Dogmat Home Theater Gear 7 11-27-2008 02:02 PM
Trying to decide between XBox360 PS3 slipknotfan Gaming Smackdown 173 05-04-2008 05:55 PM
Trying to decide which format player to buy miktrav General Discussion: Both Formats 19 01-01-2008 02:36 PM
Trying to Decide on a New LCD TM1 Home Theater Gear 4 07-06-2007 02:14 AM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off