Connecting Samsung to network - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-09-2008, 12:33 PM

Default Connecting Samsung to network

I have a wireless network going in my house, but my BD-5000 is in my basement and I don't/can't run an ethernet cable to my router upstairs. Has anyone tried to use a "bridge" to wirelessly connect to their router? I have a Netgear router (works great in and around the house- including the basement on laptop).
I am a little confused on bridges/adaptors/etc. help?

Also- anyone that has this- is it worth the time and money to get that connection?
Old 12-09-2008, 03:32 PM

If the current rumors are true, it may very well be worth getting that connection (someone on AVS is talking about the machine going Profile 2.0). Personally, I don't know why using a wireless bridge wouldn't work. You may want to try it on another internet appliance (laptop or game system) to see that it works in that room. If not, you could always add a range booster to the mix.

And let's face it, most of what you'll do with the connection for the immediate future is just firmware updates, which doesn't take an ultra fast connection.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:49 AM

anyone on here care to help me with a similar problem; but, I've got the Ethernet cable run?

probably will go wireless, too, for multiple players & computers

tia

hhhhdvdbbblu
Old 03-18-2009, 01:39 AM

thanks for all the help; figured it out myself and downloaded the web enabled content for Transformershhhhdvd
Old 03-18-2009, 06:42 AM

You didn't give much specific information on your initial inquiry. Glad you fingered it out, though.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post
You didn't give much specific information on your initial inquiry. Glad you fingered it out, though.

yeah, I noticed how people on this site are overly helpful
Old 08-14-2016, 11:58 PM

We now have 2 Smart TVs, both connected via wired connections within the router. The router is working fine and is particularly providing online access to many devices.

Not beyond that, even though today, started getting the same message, as others have, on both TVs, that the connection to the router is fine. What's really annoying is that this problem also stops us accessing our myth app, and programmes stored on our Myth PC on our own network, as well as not giving us access via the internet to Netflix etc.

We've had this problem a few times before, and it's always been the Samsung servers,which they eventually do something about and the Service comes back up, but it's pretty poor that this problem occurs regularly.