LG BH200 & Sony HTCT100 Sound Bar - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-25-2008, 09:33 PM

Default LG BH200 & Sony HTCT100 Sound Bar

hhhhdvd bbblu

Im looking at grabbing this Sound Bar that Sony put out for my bedroom. The CT100 has garnered great reviews (for what it is). I dont think it can handle the higher end audio codecs (not sure) but Im wondering if anyone has these two devices together.

Wanted to know the pros and cons. And any setup tips etc.

Let the posts begin (I really hope there is at least a few of you out there using these two devices together).
Old 08-16-2008, 11:05 AM

#1) I personally think all Sony audio products suck--especially their speakers. I have a Sony HTTiB in my bedroom.

#2) No pros or cons. It's a sound bar. Are you doing anything for rear channels like wireless? If not, I would use the stereo downmixing on the BH200. Set the BH200 to stereo PCM and send it out via HDMI. This puppy won't decode high res audio codecs. (Neither will my Harman Kardon AVR. IMHO, decoding should be done in the player anyway.) The other alternatives are to send out DTS or multichannel PCM.

I grabbed some specs on this from here... At least it does multichannel PCM over HDMI and DTS! There are quite a few (expensive) receivers sold that don't do multichannel PCM. *Cough* Cambridge Audio

http://www.compuplus.com/i-Sony-HTCT...21f7x576l1gac4

As this is a 3.1 system, you should just send it stereo. Ain't nothing wrong w/ stereo.