Audio Formats and the BD-UP5000 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-13-2008, 06:28 PM

Default Audio Formats and the BD-UP5000

This maybe covered in one of the threads.. but I can not seem to find the answer that I am looking for..

Since my receiver only has optical/SPIF input which audio setting should I use?? Confusedbbblu
Also my receiver does have 5.1 analog inputs.. will I get at least 5.1 audio from HD-DVD/BluRay discs that have DolbyTrue-HD audio Formats?

--David
Well I am now 'Purple' sort of.. don't own any BluRay yet...hhhhdvd bbblu
Now to go and rent a 'BluRay' Disc...

"OR" what is the least costly HDMI DolbyTrue-HD supporing receiver on the market?
Old 05-13-2008, 06:38 PM

Well right now TrueHD through analog provided that it's the only track on the disc is only 2 channel. DTS MA,True HD audio codecs are supposed to be updated in a firmware some time this month.

Now if you're anxious to get the audio quickly.....the Onkyo 605 is a HDMI 1.3 reciever that decodes everything for roughly 500 bucks...if you do some searching. Circut city sells them for starters.

Myself I am waiting on the firmware update, since the receiver I have is not even a year old yet. It's HDMI pass through....so that's like video only.. or some bullshit. But it's a 7.1 so once I get a new place were I can put up my other speakers I'd have a sweet home theater and HD goodness.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:39 PM

i saw the Onkyo 605 Silver for $340 on Amazon (the 605 Black is $380).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biosynthnut View Post
Well right now TrueHD through analog provided that it's the only track on the disc is only 2 channel. DTS MA,True HD audio codecs are supposed to be updated in a firmware some time this month.

Now if you're anxious to get the audio quickly.....the Onkyo 605 is a HDMI 1.3 reciever that decodes everything for roughly 500 bucks...if you do some searching. Circut city sells them for starters.

Myself I am waiting on the firmware update, since the receiver I have is not even a year old yet. It's HDMI pass through....so that's like video only.. or some bullshit. But it's a 7.1 so once I get a new place were I can put up my other speakers I'd have a sweet home theater and HD goodness.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD2955 View Post
This maybe covered in one of the threads.. but I can not seem to find the answer that I am looking for..

Since my receiver only has optical/SPIF input which audio setting should I use?? Confusedbbblu
Also my receiver does have 5.1 analog inputs.. will I get at least 5.1 audio from HD-DVD/BluRay discs that have DolbyTrue-HD audio Formats?

--David
Well I am now 'Purple' sort of.. don't own any BluRay yet...hhhhdvd bbblu
Now to go and rent a 'BluRay' Disc...

"OR" what is the least costly HDMI DolbyTrue-HD supporing receiver on the market?
Use bitstream audiophile if you want the best sound from your current system . The 605 is a good choice but I would wait for the update and buy a 606 if I were you .