2 more questons about the samsung bd-up5000 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-11-2008, 07:39 AM

Default 2 more questons about the samsung bd-up5000

hi all,

2 more questons about the samsung bd-up5000

has anyone tried this region hack to make the svd player multi region?

"This has worked on a Region 4 Player to maker the Standard DVD region Free, it will NOT Multi-zone it for Blu-ray Discs.

1. Make sure the player is switched on, and is at the Samsung logo screen.

2. Also check the tray is shut and that there's no disc in the player.

3. Now press the REPEAT button on the remote, followed by a five digit code.

4. This code is different depending on what region your player is *currently* set to: R1 - 29334 R2 - 38767 R3 - 56732 R4 - 76884 R5 - 53814 R6 - 24462 So for example if you have an R2 player, press REPEAT-3-8-7-6-7.

5. If you've done this correctly (and your player is compatible with the hack), you should see a number at the top left corner of the screen corresponding to the current region.

6. Now, pressing any number from 1 to 6 will change to the corresponding region. Or, press 9 for "auto-region" mode.

7. Next, press OPEN/CLOSE to open the tray, followed by Standby (or DVD POWER) on the remote to close it and put the player into Standby mode.

8. The next time you turn your player on, the new region will be set. Don't forget that if you want to hack it again, you'll need to use a different code, as listed above. If it's currently set to "region 9", use the code for the last *proper* region you set it to."

also,does anyone know what would happen if i tried to play a pal dvd on a ntsc machine?

i'm still in 2 minds if i should get a bd-up5000 from the states and import it to ireland,i have a lot of pal dvds and i want to make sure the region hack works and i can play pal disks on a ntsc machine.

thanks for the help.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:25 PM
Special Member

I dont know of anyone who has tried to make their BDup5000 region free as of yet, and most of the time the disc will be rejected because of the region code, not the PAL\NTSC compatibility.

Just an FYI some of these changes are for a limited number of times. I have seen players where you are only able to change it 5 times after that it is "hard" locked. Please proceed with caution, if you do try this out.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:30 AM

will the player play a pal signal though?

has anyone tried to play a region 0 pal disk on it to see will it work on a ntsc tv?

and,has anyone tried that region hack to see if it works.

just have to get these answers before i buy the player from the states.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:29 AM
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ger_Stokes View Post
will the player play a pal signal though?

has anyone tried to play a region 0 pal disk on it to see will it work on a ntsc tv?

and,has anyone tried that region hack to see if it works.

just have to get these answers before i buy the player from the states.
I dont have any region 0 Pal discs and most likely they would play "distorted" as this is a region 1 player.

Since these players are fairly new I doubt anyone has taken the chance to make this player region free. I frequent an owners thread and have yet to see anyone tak or even think about doing a hack to this player.