LG BH200 Disc Problems\Fixes - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-05-2008, 02:09 AM
Special Member

Default LG BH200 Disc Problems\Fixes

All,

This thread will be for problems that people are having with discs on the LG BH200. As this thread gets bigger I ask that you search before you ask as your problem may be known or has been asked before. This way we can cut down repeat problems that there may be a fix or temporary solution for. What I ask is that we follow a format when reporting a problem so that others can test this out, if there is a repeated problem that can be verified then it would go into this thread.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:12 AM

during every movie (blu-ray and hd-dvd) the screen blacks out for a couple seconds and then continues normally from that point on. Not really sure why or how its fixed.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:51 PM

Hello everyone!

Im having similar issues and I just registered today to ask if anyone has seen this problem or has a solution to this annoying continuous pause. My bugs happen as a continuous pause every 5-10 seconds.

I will add that I did not see this problem until i switched my BH200 resolution to 1080p from 1080i which was default when i first tested the BH200. I have since switch backed to the 1080i. tonymeatballs you might want to do the same, if you had not already.
I failed to test this on an HD format movie, i just recently gave in to the blu-ray format =( and am wondering if this is a profile support issue on blu-ray? the blu-ray movies i tested were the latest DieHard and The Simpsons movies.
My BH200 is connected to a Mitsubishi 65-734 which shouldnt have any problems displaying 1080p.

Whats the problem here? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for this great forum and the HD fan community!

Last edited by AlphaKingShoya; 02-15-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:48 PM

Default LG continues Dual-format support

http://www.i4u.com/article14908.html
Quote:
With all the news today of Toshiba dropping the HD DVD format it’s a bit hard to imagine someone still actually backing HD DVD. Yet that is exactly what LG is doing. LG told Pocket-lint that it would continue to back and develop HD DVD players.

LG issues a statement saying, "LG believes that at this present moment in time, it is necessary to provide a player which supports both formats and therefore create simplicity and convenience for the existing HDDVD consumer."

"Overall LG is still excited about the future of this market; LG has always set out to lead high definition players and will continue to do so with more technology evolutions and hybrids which will launch in due course." Perhaps LG sees viability in the short term with its dual format players. Once the current stock of HD DVD titles is gone LG really won’t have the option of supporting the format further.
Looks like we will still have dual format players for a while.

By the way:

Circuit City still has the LG BH200 for $699.99
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/LG-Bl...oductDetail.do

Newegg has the LG GGC-H20L DVD Burner & Blu-ray/HD Reader for $229.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...=lg%2bhd%2bdvd
Old 03-09-2008, 09:52 PM

new problem: yesterday i watched sunshine on my player and it froze on two different scenes and it happens in the same place all the time. Just wondering if anyone else is having the problem
Old 03-16-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymeatballs View Post
new problem: yesterday i watched sunshine on my player and it froze on two different scenes and it happens in the same place all the time. Just wondering if anyone else is having the problem
I Have Similar Problam. Yesterday I was playing a DVD and was working fine. Suddenly it start playing same chapter again and again. Fast Forward works only with 2X speed onther speed just freez the picture. After Eject and Load again it stop even reading DVD. The Display on the Player shows 0000 and nothing on the TV. I did try this DVD on another regular cheap DVD player and is working fine. So there is nothing wrong with the DVD.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:55 PM

BH200 HD-DVD Viewing problems

Hi, i just whant to know if other people have issue with some HD-DVD title movie like ,The Holiday,Beowulf,Le secret de Térabithia and Les choristes. The menu pops up but no icon appears for any type of function..

Hope for a firmware update real soon.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:44 PM

hey, apparently there is a firmware update on the lg website that should fix alot of these problems, i havent done it yet but let me know how it turns out if you try it
Old 04-26-2008, 03:40 PM

Question HD-DVD COMBO FORMAT MOVIE Question

This week I downloaded the new firmware and driver (April) and all issues with audio/video dropout has been resolved on all disc tested, except for Superman Returns (HD-DVD combo format). It seems to me that the combo format movies have issues on this player regardless, picture freezes badly throught the movie several times. Im not sure if it's because there is info on both sides of the disc that the laser is trying to read. All other HD (single sided) & Blu-ray disc that I was having issues with now all play fine since the update. Has anyone else noticed this problem w/combo format HD-DVD???
Old 04-29-2008, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuracer View Post
This week I downloaded the new firmware and driver (April) and all issues with audio/video dropout has been resolved on all disc tested, except for Superman Returns (HD-DVD combo format). It seems to me that the combo format movies have issues on this player regardless, picture freezes badly throught the movie several times. Im not sure if it's because there is info on both sides of the disc that the laser is trying to read. All other HD (single sided) & Blu-ray disc that I was having issues with now all play fine since the update. Has anyone else noticed this problem w/combo format HD-DVD???
I had the problem with Atonement and the Feb. firmware. I washed the dish, and it played fine. The LG seems less sensitive to smudges than the 3rd gen Toshiba players.