Any Interest in this happening? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-02-2008, 01:57 AM
Special Member

Default Any Interest in this happening?

I am just throwing this out there for the members that are here. I am still not sure how much interest there would be in this so that is why I am creating this thread.

I would like to see if there is any need\interest in Stickys for the 2 dual format players and maybe 1 for the Computer drives? This way we could try to centralize the information on these players and would make it easier for people to find answers to questions they may have.

If there is interest Ill see what I can do, if not I guess things will stay the same.

I was thinking
1 Thread BDUp5000 owners>maybe a another one for problems\fixes

1 Thread LGH200 Owners>maybe a another one for problems\fixes

1 thread for dual format PC drives.

Let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions just let me know.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:37 AM

I'd be for it. Personally I can't stand multiple threads on the same subject repeated 15times over.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:36 PM

I'm up for it too
Old 02-02-2008, 05:35 PM

Me three....Actually if it is going to be alot of traffic, maybe have two threads for each machine, Blu-ray issues for one half and HD-DVD with SD DVD on the other half. Just to organize the issues a bit better.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:29 PM

Yup I see the logic in this now. So yes, I'm for it too. Just learn to lighten up man. You're here to be a moderator and fellow HD-friend, not a parent. Let's all be happy and talk and inquire about our HD-experiences. I love it. I yearn for it and have no problem with it. This site has helped me so much. I tend to call all of you my HD-friends too.

But if there were two questions about completely different things on this machine, like say one had playback problems and another was inquiring about the audio codecs, we still have to put them all into ONE big post? Cuz a lot of people complain about the lack of sufficient audio codecs for this one machine and their setups, ya know? While others have playback issues as well. As much as I love this machine, I cannot ignore the problems people have been having as well as myself. I wont give it back. Just will vent here from time to time, ya know?
Old 02-02-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznNintendoFan1 View Post
But if there were two questions about completely different things on this machine, like say one had playback problems and another was inquiring about the audio codecs, we still have to put them all into ONE big post? Cuz a lot of people complain about the lack of sufficient audio codecs for this one machine and their setups, ya know? While others have playback issues as well. As much as I love this machine, I cannot ignore the problems people have been having as well as myself. I wont give it back. Just will vent here from time to time, ya know?
I kind of see what you were trying to separate, but I don't think that is the best example. I don't see how a lack of audio codecs is not a play back problem. If it can't play the audio correctly, it is a problem playing the movie. Perhaps you were trying to say we should have a thread on audio issues and a thread on video issues? But if I was reading a thread and I wanted to know if someone else was having the same issues about a certain Blu-ray movie that had both issues and that person only posted in the audio side and I am only reading the video side, I could miss the post. Or from the other hand you wanted to write about a problem disc that had both issues you would have to follow the rules and only talk about audio specifically on one thread then go over, repeat your issue and talk about the video problem on the other thread.
Like I said I think if there is any sub-menu stickies, it should be format based, not error based. Because new problems can always come up or go away, but dual format will be here to stay, for a little anyways.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMS2SENSES View Post
I kind of see what you were trying to separate, but I don't think that is the best example. I don't see how a lack of audio codecs is not a play back problem. If it can't play the audio correctly, it is a problem playing the movie. Perhaps you were trying to say we should have a thread on audio issues and a thread on video issues? But if I was reading a thread and I wanted to know if someone else was having the same issues about a certain Blu-ray movie that had both issues and that person only posted in the audio side and I am only reading the video side, I could miss the post. Or from the other hand you wanted to write about a problem disc that had both issues you would have to follow the rules and only talk about audio specifically on one thread then go over, repeat your issue and talk about the video problem on the other thread.
Like I said I think if there is any sub-menu stickies, it should be format based, not error based. Because new problems can always come up or go away, but dual format will be here to stay, for a little anyways.
Yeah something like that. Thanks for the clarity. hehe That's another reason why I call people like you my "HD-friend".
Old 02-03-2008, 03:13 AM

Am I your friend to?
Old 02-03-2008, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickengas View Post
Am I your friend to?
One of my best here. You should know that.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:41 AM

Good idea.