Does anywhere in the U.S ship bd-up5000 to Europe? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-30-2008, 04:46 AM

Default Does anywhere in the U.S ship bd-up5000 to Europe?

hi all,

new to the forum,its a good source of info,well done.

my question is,
i'm looking to buy a bd-up5000 player,but there not out in europe yet.
i was told by samsung that they wont be out till at least march or april.

does anyone know if any retailers in the states ship to ireland?

i need to get my hands on one of these players asap.

thanks for your help

Ger
Old 01-30-2008, 04:49 AM
Special Member

Amazon might ship internationally....That would be my best guess as far as a reliable source for the unit.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:52 AM

nah man,

tried amazon. only ship to the us.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:00 AM
Special Member

Hmmmm, I could of sworn I saw a few people in Europe get this unit somehow, but most of the "Major" places wont ship outside the US.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:10 AM

i just went on amazon again now ant tried,still no luck.

wont ship outside the U.S

if anyone can find somewhere to ship to europe,be sure to let me know.

cheers
Old 01-30-2008, 05:15 AM
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ger_Stokes View Post
i just went on amazon again now ant tried,still no luck.

wont ship outside the U.S

if anyone can find somewhere to ship to europe,be sure to let me know.

cheers
yeah Amazon does this for some items, but this one specifically states only within the 48 contiguous states. They wont ship this to Alaska or Hawaii either.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:28 PM

For having so many issues with it, you certainly are doing well in the sales department. I would think you would be behind this player pumping people up! Just cut/paste your ebay add and let people read it. Sounds like a GREAT machine!
Old 01-30-2008, 02:43 PM

I never said I was really having any serious issue with it. Actually on the contrary I am having minimal problems. Strange to see so many oddities. I actually may be on to something soon about how the on board memory could be interfering with some playback issues. Still doing more testing when people ask me to after they purchase a unit, so I am not sending them a brick in the mail.
I had one machine actually play Close Encounters SE all the way past the reported freeze 14 min. and that was before the update. Also I had a machine that actually played most of Sunshine after the update. But none could play Ratatouille without not being able to have the menu come back after starting, after update they all have that angle icon pop up, have not watched it again all the way through to see how many times.
I have some more to tell, but not now. But thanks for the ebay compliment, I actually have been doing alright selling blu-ray media and just started selling a few machines. Something to supplement my HD addiction you could say.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:05 PM
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMS2SENSES View Post
I never said I was really having any serious issue with it. Actually on the contrary I am having minimal problems. Strange to see so many oddities. I actually may be on to something soon about how the on board memory could be interfering with some playback issues. Still doing more testing when people ask me to after they purchase a unit, so I am not sending them a brick in the mail.
I had one machine actually play Close Encounters SE all the way past the reported freeze 14 min. and that was before the update. Also I had a machine that actually played most of Sunshine after the update. But none could play Ratatouille without not being able to have the menu come back after starting, after update they all have that angle icon pop up, have not watched it again all the way through to see how many times.
I have some more to tell, but not now. But thanks for the ebay compliment, I actually have been doing alright selling blu-ray media and just started selling a few machines. Something to supplement my HD addiction you could say.
For the angle icon turn off "Screen Messages" in the System Menu. That will make that icon disappear during the playback of Ratatouille.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:40 AM

^But that's only a band aid for the problem. You won't be able to see the status bar when navigating if "Screen Messages" is disabled (in case that is important to you).