Looking for an answer-calling all Samsung UP5000 owners - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-27-2008, 05:25 PM

Default Looking for an answer-calling all Samsung UP5000 owners

It is obvious this machine was rushed and then delayed and I was curious as to who is having playback issues and in what numbers. Since there is only one firmware update for the machine I have only, three questions.

1. What is your serial number? C069nn
2. Have you done the update yet? Yes, out of the box
3. Are you having any problems? None yet

The reason why I ask is because at my local BB there is a difference of 5000 in serial numbers. I would think the higher numbers were produced later and may have had some "changes". I have not had any issues with the one I own, but the two boxes I have had my hands on had numbers: 6VSPB018nn and 6VSPC069nn. Notice there is also one letter different that comes before the number. I do know Samsung does have different factories, but the order of the numbers should not be repeated. Maybe this will help those having trouble, realize it is more than just firmware and need to exchange them while they still can.

Last edited by TIMS2SENSES; 01-27-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:43 PM

1. I have a "B" since I got it in the first batch from Best Buy for Business in December.
2. Yup.
3. A few. Sunshine playback difficulties (sound muting during playback/locking up around 4:46). Ratatouille PCM audio becoming garbled and distorted multiple times during playback. Other problems are minor (audio "motorboating" intermittently on the menus for Lost Season 3...once the menu loop is complete, it clears up and it may intermittently happen again on the next cycle). Pretty peachy otherwise!
Old 01-27-2008, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post
1. I have a "B" since I got it in the first batch from Best Buy for Business in December.
2. Yup.
3. A few. Sunshine playback difficulties (sound muting during playback/locking up around 4:46). Ratatouille PCM audio becoming garbled and distorted multiple times during playback. Other problems are minor (audio "motorboating" intermittently on the menus for Lost Season 3...once the menu loop is complete, it clears up and it may intermittently happen again on the next cycle). Pretty peachy otherwise!
1. B and what number? lower than 1000? Also I don't understand what you mean by "motorboating"? Garbled and distorted audio during normal playback only( are you skipping chapters or fast forwarding when this happens)?

Last edited by TIMS2SENSES; 01-27-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:30 PM

1. 6VSPC067nn. This machine was received by a Circuit Shitty on 17 Jan.
2. Yes.
3. Won't play 'Sunshine' BD, I think; won't decode DDTHD to the analog outputs.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:00 PM

I've only had one minor issue with Smokey and the Bandit getting a little garbled sound. I restarted the movie and it was fine. I got mine back in Dec, so mine is definately one of the first, but strangley enough, compared to a lot of people around here, I have had NO issues other than that. Sunshine is fine too. Luck of the draw.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickengas View Post
I've only had one minor issue with Smokey and the Bandit getting a little garbled sound. I restarted the movie and it was fine. I got mine back in Dec, so mine is definately one of the first, but strangley enough, compared to a lot of people around here, I have had NO issues other than that. Sunshine is fine too. Luck of the draw.
You failed to answer the first two important questions, your input for the third is therefore useless. Thanks anyways.<:-|
Old 01-27-2008, 10:34 PM

Gee, sorry I didn't follow the rules. YES I did the update. I'm not taking it out of the rack to check the serial though since whatever stats your compiling are worthless to me..mine works. I'm good.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:52 PM

I was going to answer the last two, but seeing how you treated the last guy, I'm not sure. I too don't feel like pulling mine out of the rack.

Oh well, here are the last two anyways.

2. Yes, did the update.

3. Haven't had a single problem.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:20 AM

[QUOTE=Trotwood Copperfield;691103]I was going to answer the last two, but seeing how you treated the last guy, I'm not sure. I too don't feel like pulling mine out of the rack.QUOTE]

Please save me the drama, you should get to know Chickengas, then give me a second opinion.
On the other hand I may be trying to help others on this forum, instead of being a self centered little SH-T (NOT U COPPERFIELD). If you don't want to help then stay off and let the others here participate. If you have a question, then ask.
My machine is actually working perfectly so far, so I actually need nothing from any of the wiseguys out there, just trying to give some insight as to why some people have certain playback issues and others don't. And perhaps helping others see that an earlier build or a certain factory may be a bad one to be stuck with.
I guess I have just had enough reading of some of the lame responses all over this site. And despise those that regurgitate their mass opinions with retarded typed diarrhea on a daily basis, ruins what should be helpful and enjoyable. If you put up with it then they come again and again.
Good luck.

Last edited by TIMS2SENSES; 01-28-2008 at 03:10 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Please save me the drama, you should get to know Chickengas
Why don't you read ALL my posts in this forum and then open your big mouth. All I do is try to help people. Jezzuz, what an arrogant SOB you are.