Firmware Update For the BD-UP5000 - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 03:02 PM

Default Firmware Update For the BD-UP5000

Now I burned it into an ISO image and everything. Then I hooked up the machine and put the disc in and it took a few seconds, then on the blue samsung screen, that line with that pulsing blue line started running a few times then it said with a triangular exclamation sign, "Verifying Firmware Version" and it was like that for a whole 5-8 minutes. After that, the disc popped out. Then it showed me a box that showed the current version of firmware then the one that was on the disc and under the one on the disc then asked, "Do you want to update to this firmware?" so I clicked yes. About another 5-8 minutes passed then it shut off. I turned it back on and it was working the same. Did I do this right?
Old 01-27-2008, 03:44 PM

Yes you did it right, no problems playing any of my discs. Sounds great through analog. Stayed up late watching a few movies. I did notice if you skip through chapters very fast on one or two blu titles, the sound becomes crackly, just hit back chapter and it stopped. no big deal, probably going too fast for the processors. Tried to repeat it and was not successful, so it seems to be just a random memory output glitch. I feel dirty owning this machine, just hope Samsung doesn't disappoint me in the end. [-X
And I used my 20% off coupon at BB as well. Feel good about the price and I may go back for the warranty as well.

UPDATE: New firmware >1.0 to be expected in the next week or two!!

Last edited by TIMS2SENSES; 01-28-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:53 AM
Special Member

Thread closed ^^^ is correct...Just trying to cut down on the amount of threads so that we can keep information centralized.
Closed Thread