Duo 5000 Owners May File Class Action Lawsuit Against Sandung!! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-24-2008, 06:32 PM

Default Duo 5000 Owners May File Class Action Lawsuit Against Sandung!!

Now were talking!! )
seemingly the ONLY way to get these lying ce companies attention may be this!!

www.gizmorepublic.com

NOTE: There is NO lawsuit filed at this point. this is currently ONLY speculation on the part of the writer; hence the word "MAY." sorry for any confusion.

btw: I know I said I had made my last post regarding this POS, but I couldn't let the 5000 owners down on this one. I'm sure ya'll will be wondering where to sign up right?

Last edited by Arkadin; 01-24-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:40 PM

Nope...I still like my machine.

You seem to find as much joy in cutting this machine down as I do in using it. All these articles that come out about it is good...it will bring the spotlight on Samsung and that will either get the firmware out faster or get them to do something. Class action lawsuits usually take so long to get anywhere, that I wouldn't even be interested in signing up. If worse comes to worse, I'd sell it on ebay, take my lumps and move on to the NEXT machine that comes out. I don't think that it will come to that though.

I am slightly disappointed that its taking until May now for the firmware, but I'll survive....I have no immediate need for either fix at this time.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:53 PM

Ah yes...more half-truths from the pop-culture press. I'm beginning to feel that if it's reported on the internet, it's as likely as not to be wrong.

I'm happy with mine and will NOT be joining any class-action suit.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
Now were talking!! )
seemingly the ONLY way to get these lying ce companies attention may be this!!

www.gizmorepublic.com

btw: I know I said I had made my last post regarding this POS, but I couldn't let the 5000 owners down on this one. I'm sure ya'll will be wondering where to sign up right?
It'll never happen.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:50 PM
Special Member

Just to let you know this was posted by a member of AVS, this is JUST speculation since like 3 people talked about it. Really though there is no news here as it was just something the writer was thinking about and not an fact.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Banned

I am against most lawsuits. If the product does not work it should be taken back to the store or sold. There are to many lawsuits in the world.
It does look like Arkadin theory might be correct. Here is a link about the BD-P1200 player that owners have filed a class action lawsuit. Perhaps the dual format player will be next if firmware updates do not correct issues soon.

http://www.tvpredictions.com/samsung020808.htm
Old 02-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Banned

Here is another link with the full store about the Samsung lawsuit
http://blog.wired.com/business/2008/...g-sued-ov.html