Is now the time to go combo? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-09-2008, 08:13 AM

Default Is now the time to go combo?

I just read the news of New Line Cinema now abandoning HDDVD in favor of Blu ray which more or less means LotR more than likely will not see the light of day. I do have an HD DVD player and a nice little collection of movies and sadly of course some will not make it to blu ray.

So the question is now...what to do? I don't want to give up my HD DVDs because I do like what the format has shown so far not to mention that there are a lot of great titles I have seen released exclusively for HD DVD. Problem is of course, same has been done on blu ray

I got a sinking feeling that within 6 to 12 months most of us will be left in the lurch. Does anyone think that now is a good time to invest in a combo player and get the best of both worlds (at least while physical media lasts) or hang in there until the ship sinks?