All of these people cannot be wrong about the Samsung dual player!! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-05-2008, 04:06 PM

Default All of these people cannot be wrong about the Samsung dual player!!

Ok first of all I realize that there are a few members on here who have had NO playback issues with this player. I Got it ok? This thread is NOT for those people. Enjoy your player and consider yourself lucky. For everybody else considering this player here are SOME of the reported issues thus far:

www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=957578

NOTE: I will look for additional reports of other problems and add them accordingly.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:01 PM

My question is this :

How good has samsung been with firmware updates on their bd player(s)?

How long do they support their HDM players with firmware upgrades ?

How long do they typically take to respond to problems?

If the problems are all f/w related and they have a good track record then i dont see the problem with the player.

well, The 2 channel TrueHD thing is a deal breaker for me until it's fixed since i dont own a 1.3 reciever
Old 01-06-2008, 03:26 PM

somebody here owns a samsung BD player.. if they say 'yes, samsung has updated to fix problems frequently and has supported its product from day 1 until now with f/w updates' then i dont see the problem with the player myself

just the price is freakin high for a movie player
Old 01-06-2008, 07:32 PM

My player plays everything. I don't need a firmware "fix", however, I welcome the upcoming update for profile 1.1 compatibility.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Banned

Default samsung is the worst

no firmware updates for 2 months now for the 1200 player which still cannot play POTC3 and new Fox releases and now SD's have problem since their last fw.....class action lawsuits, Consumer affairs reports..refunds..and many complaint threads here and on avs forum.com......it's your call....you may be happy now..but weren't we all when the 1200 player came out..look at us now