First Problem With My Samsung BD-UP5000 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-04-2008, 03:20 PM

Default First Problem With My Samsung BD-UP5000

I just bought the Star Trek The Original Series Season 1 on HD-DVD and I put in the first disc. The first disc has 3 episodes: "The Man Trap", "Charlie X", and "Where No Man Has Gone Before". I put the disc in and it did everything just fine. Loaded the menu, etc. Then I chose the episode, "Where No Man Has Gone Before" but when it started playing I heard a few notes of the background music then it froze. I was like, "HUH?" then I turned off the player and tried it again. When I tried to play it again, it started skipping within a second of the background music this time around. I'm gonna try to play the rest of the season and so far the 2nd disc is going okay. But just the fact that one is giving me a problem. I dont know if it's my player or the disc. What do yall think?
Old 01-04-2008, 03:42 PM

I think you should immediately box up that Star Trek set and ship it to me post haste!
Old 01-04-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznNintendoFan1 View Post
I just bought the Star Trek The Original Series Season 1 on HD-DVD and I put in the first disc. The first disc has 3 episodes: "The Man Trap", "Charlie X", and "Where No Man Has Gone Before". I put the disc in and it did everything just fine. Loaded the menu, etc. Then I chose the episode, "Where No Man Has Gone Before" but when it started playing I heard a few notes of the background music then it froze. I was like, "HUH?" then I turned off the player and tried it again. When I tried to play it again, it started skipping within a second of the background music this time around. I'm gonna try to play the rest of the season and so far the 2nd disc is going okay. But just the fact that one is giving me a problem. I dont know if it's my player or the disc. What do yall think?
It's unlikely to be the disc, but to be sure you should try to find another player to test it in. If you bought it at a retail store, maybe they have a demo HD DVD player that you could request to test the disc on before trying to exchange it.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:57 AM

...or send them to me....post haste!
Old 01-05-2008, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickengas View Post
...or send them to me....post haste!
To keep? Or to try out? Since I dont know you, I'll let you have the whole set for a decent price. I'm not about to send you something like that fresh just bought today barely touched! For nothing. Come on now. You're a cool person but I dont even know you. heh sorry gotta be real here.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:24 PM

How much?

these are extra words to get 10 characters so I can post this message
Old 01-06-2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickengas View Post
How much?

these are extra words to get 10 characters so I can post this message
Give me a private message to let me know how much you're willing to offer for this HD-DVD set and I'll let you know my response, okay?
Old 01-14-2008, 01:10 AM

God, just solve your problem and don't pay attention to someone that wants your dvd's!
Old 01-14-2008, 01:27 AM

He can't solve his problem. Samsung needs to release the new firmware.

Besides...I want everyones DVD's !!!!!!!