Blockbuster raises their rental prices 12/31/07 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-31-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Blockbuster raises their rental prices 12/31/07

Just got an email telling me that Blockbuster will raise their prices.
I have the $9.99 Total Access plan and it's now going to be $11.99, which is a bummer because I just signed up with them (again) a month ago. It's lookes like all the plans got bummed $2.

I will still use them, the major selling point for me is that you get limited free in store rentals (and discounts on add. rentals). But I might start with Netflix again, if they push their luck.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:04 PM

Sorry bud, but this has nothing to do with cross-format solutions.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:07 PM

People still use Blockbuster?
Old 12-31-2007, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
Sorry bud, but this has nothing to do with cross-format solutions.
I looked for the best place to post this thread, but overlooked General Discussion: Both Formats.
It should probably go there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
People still use Blockbuster?
I know, I know...

I have used both Netflix and Blockbuster.com in the past and I wanted to give Blockbuster another try. I know all about their past history, but their Total Access was a major selling point for me. If Netflix had something similar, I would choose them.

If Netflix starts to have every Blu-ray title in stock "all the time", I would switch. I have heard that their Blu-ray users has been less than happy lately.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:12 PM

The plan I had, which was 2 out in the mail and unlimited exchanges was $21.99 and went up to $29.99. Yikes. Apparently the in-store exchanges are really killing them. I switched over to the 3 out in the mail + 5 exchanges per month at $19.99. However, this is the last time I'm putting up with a price hike. Anything more is going to make it not worth it, and without the in-store exchanges, the online part just isn't good enough to keep--they are terrible at shipping Blu-ray discs to me, so if I want to rent them, I almost have to get them in store.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:43 PM

Wow, that's a huge raise in price.

I had good luck with in-store exchanges, sometimes getting titles that there was a long wait for online. But their site (still) sucks and I have to see how they do over the next month or two.

Kinda funny, they just send me The Simpsons Movie and I was kinda expecting long wait on all new Blu-ray titles.