LG BH-100 Firmware Update - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-12-2007, 10:24 AM

Angry LG BH-100 Firmware Update

Anybody heard any news??? Last week LG claimed it would have one in 3-4 days while Samsung said it would take 3-4 weeks, Now magically Samsung has the firmware update and the info is all over the web, but nothing from LG. Considering that is a major update, that will hopefully allow my Fox Blu-Ray's to actually work. I think LG should really get their heads out of their asses and give us some info, Don't try calling customer service, they are complete morons and know nothing. This crap is really getting old.........
Old 10-15-2007, 07:05 PM

No news, and no news is not good news, IMO.

I would suggest that if we don't hear or actually see a firmware update sometime this week, that LG will not be offering one. If that proves to be the case, I'll start working on getting a refund for my machine. I spent too much money on the LG to have it go obsolete in only four months (I bought mine in July).

Here's hoping that LG treats its current customers right, but fully prepared in case they don't.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:02 PM

Unhappy The 19th!!!!!!!!

I was just on the phone with LG for almost half an hour, don't ask me what the "f" they were doing, but when i told 3 different people the firmware on the site was not the latest, someone came on and told me the update would be available on the 19th, but I would have to call back and order one, he did say it would not be available to download off the Lg website for 4-5 days after the 19th. With their track record i'm not holding my breath for either but who knows.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:17 PM

What gets me about that answer is wouldn't it be easier to post it to the website? After all, it'll take a bit of time to manufacture the firmware DVDs and mail 'em out. How long can it take to post the firmware to the website for download?

Seems to me a bit of a wash whether you order a DVD or wait for it to be posted to the website, either way you'll have to wait for yet another week (either for LG to post it to the website or for your DVD to arrive via mail).

I certainly would like to hear something a bit more official from LG, though. After all, one could call their customer service reps tomorrow and get an entirely different story...
Old 10-19-2007, 05:30 PM

Thumbs down You were right Dr.

Well today's the 19th called LG, they didn't know what the fuck I was talking about, they said there is an update, it's on the website, I told them NO, that's not the newest one. Put on hold for 15 minutes, they come back and tell me oh yes they are well aware of the problem in Korea, no joke, that's what they said. They are working on it and no, they have know idea when it will be ready, check back in a few days. I mean this shit has got to stop. LG has seriously lost a customer, the fact that customer service knows nothing, there is no info on the website is pure garbage. I'm ready to throw my player out and go back to laser discs. I don't mind spending the money for new technology, but this shit is just not ready for primetime, now all this Spiderman 3 nonsense, i mean are we gonna have to update our players everytime a new movie comes out, do i have to worry and hope my player will work???? Total nonsense. This has become a very bad and expensive joke..........
Old 10-19-2007, 09:41 PM

I'm not surprised about that at all. Looks like LG's going to throw their current BH100 customers under the proverbial bus so they can promote their newer BH200....

Shame on LG for not supporting their unit, it's actually a pretty good machine.

Remember, Paramount just recalled all the Jack Ryan HD DVDs due to an issue regarding advertised extras being listed on the box but not appearing on the discs themselves. One could argue that LG advertised the BH100 as a fully functioning BluRay player when it clearly is not (it won't play the Fox discs, maybe not Spidey 3 either).

LG is handling this situation very poorly. If the firmware update won't be ready for two more weeks, just come out and say so. LG seems to prefer leaving their customers in the dark, which is a terrible way to run a business.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:23 AM

Default BH100 firmware update issue

Started out couldn't watch F4-S.Surfer, found upgrade

disc_update_070711b_kernel_0203a

after uploaded I could watch the movie but there were problems with audio
anyone else experience this??? if so, any info would be greatly appreciated
TY,
Dan in Battle Creek, Michigan
Old 10-21-2007, 06:26 AM

The fix for Silver Surfer (and all the newer Fox titles) is what we are now waiting for. 070711 is the latest update, and as you found out, you can play Silver Surfer, but the audio constantly drops out. Calling LG's customer service seems to get you nowhere, as cnat has found out, as each time you'll get a different story.

I wouldn't be buying any new Fox discs for a while, until we find out whether or not LG will be offering a fix for this. I'd also be hesitant on buying Spiderman 3 as well, since there is talk that it isn't working on some BluRay machines and while the BH100 hasn't yet been mentioned it would not surprise me if Spidey 3 doesn't work either.

LG really needs to get their act together on this, ASAP!
Old 10-22-2007, 10:21 AM

Default Samsung Can Do it???

What really kills me is that the Samsung's were having the same problem and bam a week later they have a firmware update. I don't get it. I bought my player in January and I do have an extended warrenty from Best Buy, would they even take my player back?? I doubt it. I am so livid, I can't even handle it. I will never buy anything from LG every again. There is nothing they can do to make me change my mind.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:48 PM

Unhappy Firmware update is out, I think!!?????

Just got off the phone with LG for the tenth time, literally. Guy puts me on hold for 15 minutes, comes back and says yes there is a new firmware update, it was released on the 19th. But not on the website. So apparently the person i spoke to i don't know how many times ago was right. It was released on the 19th. The jack-ass i spoke to on the 19th who told me she had no idea when it was coming out was wrong. Needless to say, i confirmed with this guy that the one he was sending me was not the one on the LG website. He said yes and that i should get it in 6-8 business days. I even have a confirm number. Now having said all this, I will believe it when I have the dvd in my hand and it actually fixes the problem. Until then I still won't hold my breath. So everyone should give LG a call and ask for the firmware update that was released on the 19th. Man LG just totally sucks. What a shame they f'd this up so badly. I really have no complaints with my player until this mess. and it's not even the fact that we need a firmware update, it's the time it took to get it and the fact no one knows what the f is going on over there. At least post something on your website saying we know there is a problem and we are fixing it. What happens to the consumer that doesn't know about these forums? He buys his player for a grand, picks up FF and bam it doesn't work. I really feel like LG just does not give a crap....