16x9 authored DVD's play incorrectly in Blu Player - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-08-2011, 09:30 PM

Default 16x9 authored DVD's play incorrectly in Blu Player

I have a disc (or will be getting) that is my brothers wedding video. It is not HD, but it was authored to be 16x9. When the disc is played in a Blu-Ray player, it plays both 16x9 & 4x3 at the same time, compressing the image size. When played in an XBox (or other normal player I'm assuming, since we dont have a regular DVD anymore) it plays perfectly. I have noticed this myself on one other regular theatrical release DVD, but have had no other problems with it. Is there a way to make this dvd play correctly on the Blu-Ray Player?
Old 05-09-2011, 03:31 PM

You need to provide a lot more details like the model of blu-ray player and TV, how they are hooked up, etc.

However, look for controls related to aspect ratio or zoom. It's best to do this in the player, but if it doesn't have methods for controlling this, then try the TV. Almost every TV has zoom modes that will fix this problem, but you're wrecking the quality.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:18 AM

thaks for sharing information
Old 08-14-2016, 11:51 PM

And this is what I am just attempting:

I had an .avi file that I wish to convert to dvd so I can watch it on my own blu-ray player. I normally use winavi to convert the .avi to .vob, that i can then play on my older dvd player. I am just looking for a route to convert those same .avi files to a format the can play into my blu-ray player. As I attempt to burn the .avi file using MyDVD, I got this error message: "the file you will be using should not be edited and is not added". How does someone used MyDVD of burning this file?

I recognize I could burn .avi files directly to a blank DVD and play them on my own blu-ray however am attempting to see is there is a technique to convert the files so I can play the discs on both my old dvd player and my new blu-ray.

Thank you for your continued help.