New LG BH100 Firmware Update? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-14-2010, 10:35 PM

Default New LG BH100 Firmware Update?

Not sure if this has been posted before or not but I have been checking the LG website every now and then hoping for a firmware update for the BH100. The last update it kept showing was from way back on 1/21/09. I decided to check today and they now have an update for 3/29/10. Going to burn it and see what if any difference there may be.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:46 AM
Formerly Lordoftherings

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllSport11 View Post
Not sure if this has been posted before or not but I have been checking the LG website every now and then hoping for a firmware update for the BH100. The last update it kept showing was from way back on 1/21/09. I decided to check today and they now have an update for 3/29/10. Going to burn it and see what if any difference there may be.
Wow! Quite amazing for this older HD Combo player! ...Keep in touch mate.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Banned

The update fixes Avatar.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:54 PM

As I expected my problem HD DVD's still have problems. Knew they wouldn't bother with any of those fixes. My The Descent Blu that never worked even though it should have after a few minutes of loading not only works now but starts in about ten seconds. My The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) Blu now plays all the way through without skipping back to the menu half way through. My Taken Blu still doesn't work at all. Registers as a Blu-ray but then ejects with a disc error. Still have to try some others.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Banned

HD DVD is a dead format and the discs are no longer sold in stores. LG has no intentions of 'fixing' the ones that don't work unless it's by accident. Updates will be for Blu-ray (and DVD) only.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Formerly Lordoftherings

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllSport11 View Post
As I expected my problem HD DVD's still have problems. Knew they wouldn't bother with any of those fixes. My The Descent Blu that never worked even though it should have after a few minutes of loading not only works now but starts in about ten seconds. My The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) Blu now plays all the way through without skipping back to the menu half way through. My Taken Blu still doesn't work at all. Registers as a Blu-ray but then ejects with a disc error. Still have to try some others.
Well at least you gain some. ...Better this than nothing at all right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
HD DVD is a dead format and the discs are no longer sold in stores. LG has no intentions of 'fixing' the ones that don't work unless it's by accident. Updates will be for Blu-ray (and DVD) only.
The positive here is they still support that player, just that in itself is a good reason for celebration no?

Last edited by LordoftheRingsEE; 06-21-2010 at 09:41 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordoftheRingsEE View Post

The positive here is they still support that player, just that in itself is a good reason for celebration no?
Well, no. They did the update only because of Avatar and the issues it would have being the #1 selling Blu-ray up until that point and Fox going with a new DRM scheme that would (and did) wreak havoc on all Blu-ray players.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:46 PM
Formerly Lordoftherings

Quote:
Well, no. They did the update only because of Avatar and the issues it would have being the #1 selling Blu-ray up until that point and Fox going with a new DRM scheme that would (and did) wreak havoc on all Blu-ray players.
Well, same with some Samsung bbblu players. ...But then, with a newer bbblu movie like 'Avatar', it gives an incentive to manufacturers to get their 'a$$ off' their lazy chairs right?

* Sorry for the typos, it was 'un'intentional.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordoftheRingsEE View Post
Well, same with some Samsung bbblu players. ...But then, with a newer bbblu movie like 'Avatar', it gives an incentive to manufacturers to get their 'a$$ off' their lazy chairs right?

* Sorry for the typos, it was 'un'intentional.
Just cuts down on complaints since it's a big movie that everyone who owns a BD player will likely buy.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:03 PM
Formerly Lordoftherings

Quote:
Just cuts down on complaints since it's a big movie that everyone who owns a BD player will likely buy.
That was certainly the main and only priority.