New Panasonic Blu-ray Players To Offer Faux 2D to 3D Conversion Tech - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-06-2011, 02:31 PM

Default New Panasonic Blu-ray Players To Offer Faux 2D to 3D Conversion Tech

sounds pretty dumb to me, but I have liked Panasonic bd players the best of all manufacturers except perhaps Oppo.
Personally I'm just interested in the new basic Panasonic bd players because I still want a faster loading time from Panny.
all the other stuff doesn't really matter to me too much.
I'm assuming this new tech is meant to be used on 3D displays, but they really don't make it real clear.
I'm assuming this is supposed to address the lack of content for 3D HDTVs.
you can now "convert" all your 2D dvds to 3D.
http://www.vizworld.com/2011/01/blur...t-2d-disks-3d/
Old 01-11-2011, 07:47 PM

One can do this with the new 50" samsung plasma 3d tv that sells for around $1000.00 or less now and it works well without the need for any external player, regular channels and DVDs from your regular done at the touch of a button on your samsung remote, and one has to use the glasses also
Old 01-14-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
I'm assuming this new tech is meant to be used on 3D displays, but they really don't make it real clear.
I'm assuming this is supposed to address the lack of content for 3D HDTVs.
I thought the feature was pretty standard on 3D TVs. Or have many been dropping it to make them cheaper?

It seems like this is something that should be done by the TV. Not all 3D displays are created equal. Better to at least have some optimization/testing for your particular display.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jables View Post
It seems like this is something that should be done by the TV.
Only if you can do a firmware upgrade for the TV, which is not likely. The 2D-to-3D conversion algorithms will surely be improved over time, so I like the idea of having this feature in the Blu-ray player instead of the TV.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:23 PM

I am are new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself .. I decided to enroll after a while 'I was reading the forum and all the good advice ..approaching the summer and I decided to get back a bit 'in the form .. I do sports (tennis and running) and I always tend to control what I eat, with ups and downs! I then discuss some interesting 'tricks and tips for proper nutrition ..I guess we will be fine!Good afternoon everyone!
Old 06-20-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXRH View Post
Only if you can do a firmware upgrade for the TV, which is not likely. The 2D-to-3D conversion algorithms will surely be improved over time, so I like the idea of having this feature in the Blu-ray player instead of the TV.
Are you kidding? How will Panasonic sell new-and-improved version B 2D-to-3D conversion BD players if they simply update existing models?
Old 06-25-2011, 04:44 AM

2D to 3D Conversion?! WOW, cool, I think there is no possible to convert the 2D to 3D ever before, this would be make sense!