CES 2010 Wrapup – The Top Five Blu-ray Players - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-25-2010, 10:33 AM

While I'm happy with my HTPC for both bluray and dvd, I wanted to comment on this huge noise issue of the ps3. What are you watching that's so quiet you can hear this fan? Do you listen to music so quietly, or have a movie volume so low this really makes a difference? I bought a full ATX size htpc case (massive), with 3 fans in it running constantly because I want it to be cool, and I didnt bother replacing them with quieter fans because as soon as I turn on ANYTHING I can't hear it. Music, tv, movie, whatever.

Is this an issue for a home theater room used for meditation? I know the occasional movie with scenes of total silence could be annoying if you're so sensitive, but surely those are rare.