Ces 2010 - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-15-2009, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blckman View Post
I'm also looking forward to seeing the new 4G technology. I saw on KTLA Channel 5 news last knight Kirk the Cyber-Guy test this new network in Chicago. Chicago right now is the only place in America(from his story) that is supplying the new 4G network. He was in a cab using it around town and he said updating facebook couldn't be any faster.
http://www.clearwire.com/ - In collaboration with Sprint, 4G in 61 markets and rising
Old 12-15-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post
http://www.clearwire.com/ - In collaboration with Sprint, 4G in 61 markets and rising

Actually it's www.clear.com

I work for Clear and 4G is great. Chicago is not the only city that has 4G. Vegas, Philly, Atlanta, Portland, Bellevue, Boise, Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, Waco, Austin, Chicago all have 4G. Another 80 cities next year.

I stream 1080p movies to my laptop wireless. Those who think high def movie downloads are years away are sadly mistaken. It's no longer about building fiber and cable lines. It's about Wimax technology. Sprint and Clear are the only companies that have Wimax and Sprint owns 51% of Clear.

Verizon and AT&T are a couple years away from rolling out their version of Wimax.

Anyway Clear will be at CES so stop by for a demo.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:08 PM

Clearwire, Clear, it all leads to the same 4G service, so we are, in fact, referring to the same thing.

Also, 4G is *not* so great if you have windows coated with UV-blocking materials.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Clearwire, Clear, it all leads to the same 4G service, so we are, in fact, referring to the same thing.

Also, 4G is *not* so great if you have windows coated with UV-blocking materials.
Yes you are correct. I have a neighbor who has extra insulation in wall and nothing gets in or out. Even his 802.11n is bad in his house.

Nothing is perfect
Old 12-15-2009, 07:33 PM

I agree...but this service has me interested. Might give it a go with a trial. This apartment is pretty old so should be interesting. The only caveat is that I have a cable/internet bundle with TWC right now...I'd have to find a way to debundle and not get raped in the process.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:41 PM

I have Clear in Atlanta. Only issue is VoIP doesn't work well. I have Ooma & voice stutters on phone calls. Others with Clear in the Ooma forum have reported the same thing.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
I agree...but this service has me interested. Might give it a go with a trial. This apartment is pretty old so should be interesting. The only caveat is that I have a cable/internet bundle with TWC right now...I'd have to find a way to debundle and not get raped in the process.

pm me and I can give you some bundle info
Old 12-16-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Def Nut View Post
I have Clear in Atlanta. Only issue is VoIP doesn't work well. I have Ooma & voice stutters on phone calls. Others with Clear in the Ooma forum have reported the same thing.
You need to call Ooma and have them increase your bandwidth for your VoIP. This would happen with Vonage users and tech support increased bandwidth and it resolved the problem. I was told because Wimax sends more data at once and the VoIP can't handle it.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:29 AM

so are there any rumblings of any big announcements (in terms of titles) that we might be hearing from the 2010 CES
Old 01-05-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackgroundActorman View Post
so are there any rumblings of any big announcements (in terms of titles) that we might be hearing from the 2010 CES
I just wanted to apologize to you all because I will not be attending the show for the first time in a while. Just had some setbacks, but thanks BackgroundActorman. First, I have to say that I'm really excited about the new Intel 32nm processors. I don't have a Quad-Core just yet, but the promise of putting being able to hash out Blu-Ray graphics on a chip and chipset is masterful. Intel is the king of CPU's. The buzz about the entire 3D subject is huge news. I really have some questions for all of my fellow HD fans out there. I would like to know do you all think that the public like us will jump at new television sets to just get goosebumps over built-in 3D parameters? Or do you all think this is a passing technology that needs more testing? The reason why I say this is because you remember the Nvidia 3D glasses that are showcased at Fry's Nvidia display boths? They're just okay in my honest opinion because the Dolby Digital glasses I wore at the premiere of Avatar at the Arclight Theater were of a different spec. My point, is that maybe the industry needs a universal spec of glasses that can be worn for games, sports on television, shows like Build It Bigger, and animated films. Can the industry package all of these formats for just one pair specs? Interesting.

Secondly, the LED madness. I mean, is it worth it to jump ship with LED's and just wait for OLEDs? Heck, some people are already looking forward to OLED's that exceed the 15 inch barrier. And who knows, some people argue that the true blacks that is still much needed in LED's and LCD's need to be perfected. So much to talk about people. I know I'm interested in things such as WiMax and longer life laptops. Man, a laptop that can like go about 15 hours without a real charge and can do multimedia on that charge nonstop up to 8 hours. Man, that's a nice across the country flight. I'm also interested in more teleconferencing to get better. Home security is another interesting subject that comes to mind such as facial recognition. Well, let me know what do you all want to see more. I'm excited about 1/7/10-1/10/10. I'm aslo interested in what AMD will say to intel. Will they finally have a solution to these hot processors since the advent and introduction of the XP line.

Blu-Ray. Here we come. Will they have portable Blu-ray players or what. Or something really sick like an MP3 playere that can play blu-ray. That would be awesome. And don't forget gang that the Mac conferance in San Francisco is right around the corner and that so-called tablet is supposed to be revolutionary. We'll see people. Just let me have it. You all know I can take and you all know me for getting stuff started. Let's here it. Peace....