Talk to High-Def Digest's CES Reporter here. - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-06-2009, 04:48 PM

Forgot I'm going to go to the Toshiba Booth and throw my dog poop stained 1982 Pony tennis shoe at Toshiba. They have lost me as a customer.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moepain4u View Post
Forgot I'm going to go to the Toshiba Booth and throw my dog poop stained 1982 Pony tennis shoe at Toshiba. They have lost me as a customer.
Rofl, will you be providing pics as well??!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:15 PM

The next time I post in this thread I will be in Vegas. =p~
Old 01-06-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx_75 View Post
Am I the only one that is more interested in how the tv looks than how thin it is ? My most recent tv purchace was last years Sony 40Z4100 which is 2 7/8" thin. This is plenty thin enough even for wall mounting.

I find myself more interested in the tech like Laservue which is focused on image quality rather than trying to be thin for the sake of being thin.
ditto. I hope to christ that those get cheaper real fast.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentokTheMindTaker View Post
...I will be checking this thread during the show to get feedback and suggestions from you guys so leave your comments and questions after the beep.

Luv,
Steve McBarnes
Steve, since you're planning to hit the Panasonic & JVC booths, I would love to know their plans for AV Receivers in 2009. Panasonic pulled off a surprise launch of their all-digital BA-XR500 in 2008, although I would appreciate a return to the form-factor of the SA-XR700. To have an all-digital amp from Panasonic with the amp features of the 700 (automatic bi-amp, small & elegant look), but with the advanced HDMI features (3x 1.3a ports; Dolby TrueHD & DTS MA bitstream processing) of the 500 would be awesome.

For JVC, although a sister company, I miss their commitment to audio in prior years, but their recent HTIB mini-systems were interesting (although no HDMI inputs!?).

Lastly,... if you find any news and/or images on more-expansive selections in BD-Audio discs, please report. Also, any news on BD-3D.

...oh, heck...one more thing: I'm loving my Sony Xperia X1 smartphone. That being said, rumors are that any "X2" would not be on Windows Mobile. Any news/screenshots/insights on a successor would be very interesting to me (although unrelated to "High Definition", of course).
Old 01-06-2009, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
Rofl, will you be providing pics as well??!

LOL I will try. Should take make HD DVD player and throw it at them too
Old 01-07-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moepain4u View Post
Have Mentok record everything and youtube it.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:15 PM

I am in Vegas now checking back in.

This is the view from my suite at 10:07AM Pacific:

I am pretty damn satisfied with it and I can't wait to see how great it looks at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonous View Post
Steve, since you're planning to hit the Panasonic & JVC booths, I would love to know their plans for AV Receivers in 2009. Panasonic pulled off a surprise launch of their all-digital BA-XR500 in 2008, although I would appreciate a return to the form-factor of the SA-XR700. To have an all-digital amp from Panasonic with the amp features of the 700 (automatic bi-amp, small & elegant look), but with the advanced HDMI features (3x 1.3a ports; Dolby TrueHD & DTS MA bitstream processing) of the 500 would be awesome.

For JVC, although a sister company, I miss their commitment to audio in prior years, but their recent HTIB mini-systems were interesting (although no HDMI inputs!?).

Lastly,... if you find any news and/or images on more-expansive selections in BD-Audio discs, please report. Also, any news on BD-3D.

...oh, heck...one more thing: I'm loving my Sony Xperia X1 smartphone. That being said, rumors are that any "X2" would not be on Windows Mobile. Any news/screenshots/insights on a successor would be very interesting to me (although unrelated to "High Definition", of course).
I wish I had a printer here so I could print out your post. I will write your inquiry down and
try to get it answered.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentokTheMindTaker View Post
I am in Vegas now checking back in.

This is the view from my suite at 10:07AM Pacific.
Nice, Mentok, very nice.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:17 AM

My Inconvenient Foot Injury

I got here just fine.
I walked around the strip for maybe two hours.
I sat down in a hotel room and talked a friend for about an hour. During that time my right foot
began to hurt. When we got up leave the room my foot really bothered me when I put weight on
it. I have been unable to stretch it out or relieve the pain yet.

I am going to spend some time in my jacuzzi tub tonight before I go to bed and I am taking some
Ibuprofen. My mother also suggested that I sleep with my foot elevated.

I really don't think my foot will become magically healed over night, but I hope it does. Not only
will I not be able to enjoy the show tomorrow, I won't be able to enjoy anything else that Vegas
has to offer.

I am really pissed. My body has never betrayed me like this before.

I will let you guys know WHEN my condition improves.