Panasonic Unveils First Portable Blu-Ray Player - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-10-2009, 12:07 PM

are you serious, a BD/VHS combo? I know some people still own VHS, but do people still actually watch em?
Old 03-10-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
I wonder about the reasoning behind this. Last year HD DVD had portable HD players and a car player. I don't see the point for blu with that small a screen. especially in the car (as hd had done).
As some stated is more to do with people who have BD collections to be able to take them anywhere trips, etc and still watch their BD movies. Its not so much with PQ on a small screen.

Right now if we went on a trip I would be SOL because I do not have a portable BD player to enjoy my movies on if I so choose. I can only enjoy them at home.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TungTLe View Post
are you serious, a BD/VHS combo? I know some people still own VHS, but do people still actually watch em?
There are still some movies that I own on VHS that I like, that haven't been released on Bluray yet. I could get them on DVD since they have been released on it, but there's no point since they ought to be released on Bluray within the next 4 years (probably sooner). There are also a few movies that I love that I'm thinking of buying on VHS since they still haven't been released on even DVD yet.

I might seriously think about the combo player for my room if the price is right.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:57 AM

I remember reading about this awhile back....could see a handful of people with them upfront. If Blu-ray ever becomes the "standard", I could see those players being more prevalent.