LG announces BD390 BD player-Wireless built in - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris gerhard View Post
Very unlikely it will be. I doubt if anybody outside of a select few at LG knows now whether or not there is an internal code that could be leaked. If you want an all region LG Blu-ray player, my suggestion is get the BH200, there won't likely be another since it is a violation of the license to build the player.

Chris
Bingo. Which is exactly why the Oppo player is not BD or DVD region free - because the BDA said so.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:15 AM

Bitchholes (sorry, they deserve it). There is some content wholly unavailable from one region to the next.,
Old 03-13-2009, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post
Bitchholes (sorry, they deserve it). There is some content wholly unavailable from one region to the next.,
I don't know what that means but it is a business decision and the owner of the rights for a film in any given region has either the responsibility according to contractual terms or the right to make the business decision to limit coding to one or two of the three regions. It has always been preferrable to no release in my opinion. The good news is about 70% of all releases are all region and of the 30% that aren't, one company constitutes the majority. Blu-ray is much better than DVD in this regard and all regards except price and I am grateful for that as well.

Chris
Old 03-13-2009, 11:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris gerhard View Post
I don't know what that means but it is a business decision and the owner of the rights for a film in any given region has either the responsibility according to contractual terms or the right to make the business decision to limit coding to one or two of the three regions. It has always been preferrable to no release in my opinion. The good news is about 70% of all releases are all region and of the 30% that aren't, one company constitutes the majority. Blu-ray is much better than DVD in this regard and all regards except price and I am grateful for that as well.

Chris
Considering Oppo made its name for being DVD region free...its a pretty big blow.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:25 AM

Of course it's preferable to no release...but it makes viewing one of my favorite shows in the US a royal PITA (Blake's 7, a BBC UK-only release)
Old 03-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post
Of course it's preferable to no release...but it makes viewing one of my favorite shows in the US a royal PITA (Blake's 7, a BBC UK-only release)
Or just wait until they could do it right. They lost a sale from me.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
Considering Oppo made its name for being DVD region free...its a pretty big blow.
I have been using Oppo players for a number of years and I am pretty sure Oppo understands a significant portion of their market wants all-region playback, both Blu-ray and DVD. If there was a way to do it and avoid license revocation or legal problems, I think the upcoming BDP-83 would be all-region capable. It will be interesting to see how well the after market modifications work. I don't know how much the lack of all-region playback will hurt sales this time. After it was clear the BDP-83 wouldn't be all-region, I purchased a DV-983H to be covered on the DVD side. I still don't own a single Blu-ray disc that isn't Region A so I don't know why I am even concerned with owning the BH200. There are only a few non-Region A Blu-ray discs I want and none are available at a price I am willing to pay.

Chris
Old 03-17-2009, 05:09 PM
Banned

My local BB has these in stock so I will be buying it tonight and give it a quick spin with my Blu-ray copy of Twilight.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
My local BB has these in stock so I will be buying it tonight and give it a quick spin with my Blu-ray copy of Twilight.
Take pictures of the actual unit to please.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Banned

Just for my BD370. So far so good. The remote has a faux leather feel to it and it opens/closes like the A1/XA1/XA2 Toshiba Remote. I'm in love