Universal a Virtual No-Show at CES - Page 9 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-10-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieflanders View Post
Well, looks like no HD DVD press conference this time around, since they would have had to schedule it by opening this morning.

Well, with the Variety announcement that Universal's contract with HD DVD has expired, I hope we will get a statement from them very soon that they are going Blu-ray.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluskiessmingatme View Post
Well, with the Variety announcement that Universal's contract with HD DVD has expired, I hope we will get a statement from them very soon that they are going Blu-ray.
They may shock the world and say "Yep, it's expired, and we're very well happy where we're at."
Old 01-10-2008, 02:57 PM

Or else say, "We've got a new attraction at the parks, with more twists and turns than a rollercoaster, it's 'High Def - The Ride'." LOL!
Old 01-10-2008, 03:28 PM

Wait, now the HD DVD PRG says they will "release a statement" about Paramount and Universal, which oddly enough seems to say they have support, but once again doesn't say they will remain exclusive now or in the future.

Sounds like damage control to me.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:23 PM

After what appears to be the slow demise of HD DVD I'm glad I waited before purchasing a player
Old 01-10-2008, 11:37 PM

Default BD Movies Watermarked

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra2jzgte View Post
They will start releasing on Blu Ray. The war is finally on its way to an end and HD media can start getting cheaper for everyone. I cant wait till BD burning becomes cheap.
You can decrypt them, shrink them, and burn them, but You will be waiting along time if you plan to burn your own BD movies on burnable BD media for playing on your stand alone player, The studios burn a water mark on the disc when it is manufactured that the players read and will not play non studio produced movies without it, You can still burn them and watch them on your computers BD burner only