New Samsung 1500 BD player w/ DTS MA - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-06-2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romper View Post
the Trojan Horse has reversed. Sony put Blu-ray Player in peoples homes with the PS3, now the PS3 (best bang for buck) is going into homes because HDM is going Blu. Sony loves it, two bird with one stone.
Exactly, Sony has managed to pull one over on the rest of the BDA as well. So much for "alliance". It was always Sony vs. Toshiba, and Sony vs. Microsoft. Now Sony will be in everyone's home. How long until that network of cell processors takes over? Will it happen while everyone is watching T3?
Old 01-06-2008, 07:20 PM

I got a feeling that at these prices mainstream adoption is going to crawl.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:20 PM

They only sit in the corner of my house so far. Hidden in my PSP.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:34 PM

Look it's pretty simple. Let's go over it ONE more time.
If you are looking for a 1.1 standalone player for $199 you are fucked.
If you have a decent amount of $$$ the Panny bd-30 is OUT NOW and the most reasonably priced/problem free bd player presently.
If you want the best VALUE in bd get the PS3.
If you have $$$ falling out your ass wait for the Marantz or Denon player. I'm sure they will be very nice.
If you are WAITING for an announcement of a 1.1 bd standalone for $199 anytime soon I've got a small piece of land you might be interested in....
(it's called the PS3 effect btw)
Old 01-06-2008, 09:25 PM

I really want to say this is great, but when I worked retail we had problems with EVERY Samsung BD player display, even with replacing them several times. And I've read about it's(BDP-1400) performance being prrrretty shady for most. I hope this is the end to all of that.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWoOKIE View Post
This just keeps coming up. Some of us would like to have the DTS MA that the PS3 does not as of yet. Also not everyone wants a gaming system. There have been some discussions that the PQ of the PS3 lacks as well.
Psh, NO. The PS3 does not lack in PQ, and it's a decent upscaler. Who said that, seriously? Are they comparing to a Pioneer Elite or something, I mean come on(jimmy from south park voice)
Old 02-20-2008, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdmoviefan101 View Post
I assume the MSRP may drop by the time this hits... but it still seems too pricy to me. We're still a long way from mass adoption at these prices. $299 would be a more reasonable benchmark 1.1 MSRP price.
You have to understand that 399 is probably the lowest starting price yet. I dont know what it is with HD-DVD supporters who start wanting to go into blu-ray thinking that players will go cheap like HD-DVD. They're the winning format so they know they can afford to go a little more expensive. But 399 is great. It takes most Blu-Ray players up to a year before they can go from like say 599 to 399. So I think you should be more appreciative before making comments like, "This is still too pricey".
Old 02-20-2008, 08:38 AM

I really plan on buying this and selling my BD-UP5000 around april-may because the BD-UP5000 has great upscaling and plays all my blu-rays well, but why do I need an HD-DVD player when I'd have no more HD-DVD's, ya know? I'd be willing to give up an overpriced combo player with an HQV Reon chip for a player that's less than 1/2 the price with a slightly less in quality upconverting capability that can play all the blu rays I have and decode ALL the audio formats that come with them (Which shouldn't matter anyway since I only use my TV for speakers). So my vote is yes for this! I'll just get my dad the Sharp BD-HP50U that's bound for may. It'll be like 699.99 which is okay but it comes with a whole bunch of whoa mamma things in it and he'll love the quality of the pictures and its fast load up speeds (Its reviews are saying load times are like 10 seconds and puts an emphasis on this little particular fact about it) but me eh I dont care. As long as it's a good blu-ray player where it can decode all audio formats and decently upconvert my DVD's. As time goes on, I get less DVD's.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:35 PM

So I am assuming this 1500 won't have the Reon chip then...