Marantz BD8002 Blu-ray Player Due This Spring - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-08-2008, 12:43 PM
garak's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 284
Default

Obviously, this player is not for J6P. For that type of consumer, price is the number one priority on their list. Quality is usually way down at the bottom, if it is even on the list at all.

On the other hand, this player is meant for the type of consumer where Quality is at the top of the list. Price is way down at the bottom, if it is on the list at all.
  #22  
Old 01-08-2008, 02:32 PM
BlkM383's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 557
Default

you must be really stupid to buy this!!!))
  #23  
Old 01-08-2008, 04:23 PM
DefTechPioElite's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coaler View Post
$2100......we should just delete this thread.
wow. some people have that kind of money and want the best video/audio quality and dont care about ridiculous "interactive" features! This player is for the people that have spent 20k+ on their home theater, and there are more of them than you think brrrrroseph, ask anyone who works in a local "high end" audio shop, they will tell you there are more than most would think.
  #24  
Old 01-08-2008, 07:01 PM
hi-def-fanboy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garak View Post
Obviously, this player is not for J6P. For that type of consumer, price is the number one priority on their list. Quality is usually way down at the bottom, if it is even on the list at all.

On the other hand, this player is meant for the type of consumer where Quality is at the top of the list. Price is way down at the bottom, if it is on the list at all.
And that's what I like about Blu-ray. There will be something for everyone. HD DVD didn't see this.
  #25  
Old 01-08-2008, 11:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 121
Default

Marantz has set themselves as high end HT gear. They are owned by Denon.

Just like INtegra units (which are Onkyo)

With these high end units, you get better quality parts, extreme long standard warranties, in all you get what you pay. These units are fuly loaded.

There will be demand for these units. Just not your regular everyday joe will be able to afford them.
  #26  
Old 02-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1
Default Marantz BD8002

For those of you who think this player is overpriced, get a life. Having seen this unit at CES on Marantz's new VP-11S2 projector, for well under $20K, that image blew away ones that I've seen costing well over $100K. Just like anything in life, if you want a moped, go buy a $300 player. For those who want a real quality machine with a power supply and circuitry that produces a clean, stable image with almost no video noise, $2K is cheap. This is the Mercedes. I've sold countless DVD players for many times that much, and for people who actually care about picture quality, this is a relative bargain. There were a lot more expensive setups at the show, none of which came close to this.
  #27  
Old 02-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 285
Default

You have to take into account people themselves "operate" on all different levels(for lack of a better description). Imagine visiting Bill Gates and you pull up to his massive mansion with incredible stuff everywhere, every bell and whistle you could imagine he has...but you go to his garage and he has a Daewoo Leganza and VW beetle.

If you had a $50k+ home theater(and face it, if any of us were filthy rich we most certainly would) and are accustomed to getting the extra 5% performance you gain from these ultra-premium brands, would you really feel fit putting a sharp(LOL) bd player on your rack....

Obviously the market for high end units like this is small but I think it helps HDM slowly become a legitimate thing, rather than just a fad or this new thing that nobody really knows if it will catch on or not. So I guess what I'm saying is Marantz releasing a $2000 BD player really means nothing to us but in the big picture I think it only helps the cause of HDM.

Last edited by jihzaman; 02-03-2008 at 01:49 AM.
  #28  
Old 02-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Jared's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispy98007 View Post
For those of you who think this player is overpriced, get a life. Having seen this unit at CES on Marantz's new VP-11S2 projector, for well under $20K, that image blew away ones that I've seen costing well over $100K. Just like anything in life, if you want a moped, go buy a $300 player. For those who want a real quality machine with a power supply and circuitry that produces a clean, stable image with almost no video noise, $2K is cheap. This is the Mercedes. I've sold countless DVD players for many times that much, and for people who actually care about picture quality, this is a relative bargain. There were a lot more expensive setups at the show, none of which came close to this.
So are you the CEO of Marantz, or just a sales rep.?
  #29  
Old 02-04-2008, 01:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
So are you the CEO of Marantz, or just a sales rep.?
No kidding.

I know I wouldn't pay that kind of money for a blu-ray player regardless of whether I could afford it or not (most people don't like paying more for stuff for the sake of paying more for stuff).

On the other hand, I imagine it's not over-priced if enough customers are willing to pay the high price to justify it.

BTW, hearing a salesperson state a product is the Mercedes of the market typically rubs me the wrong way (I've heard it more than a few times). Sell the player on its own merits, not an image of status from something completely unrelated.
  #30  
Old 02-05-2008, 04:42 PM
ATLFalconsFAN's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,199
Default

I'm looking forward to this unit coming out and no I don't think it is overpriced. I think most of the people here are just cheap-skates.
 

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring (KR, Kim Ki-duk) kannisto Blu-ray Imports Subforum 4 02-26-2015 11:40 PM
Marantz Reveals Upcoming Network Audio Player & Stereo Amplifier scohen Home Theater Gear 1 07-16-2014 10:39 PM
Marantz’s UD9004 Blu-ray Player Shipping Now Attebery Blu-ray Hardware General Discussion 24 08-05-2009 10:38 AM
Marantz BD8002 ??? halcro 1 Blu-ray Hardware General Discussion 1 11-03-2008 07:13 PM
Nature's Journey Blu-ray delayed due to BD authoring and player weaknesses pkremer High Definition Smackdown 47 09-11-2007 11:21 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off