Logitech Shows New Harmony Remote - Page 5 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-13-2008, 03:51 AM

My brother won the Harmony XBOX 360.

I never knew how important LCD is, this 360 is basic black & white but the backlight/glows green. :love: It uses 4-AAA batteries.

amazon pic...

This should tie me up until I get the Harmony One or until I find the 880 for $100.

Just wanted to post how sick the Harmony is. I played around with the Settings and was able to control my iMac's (we have three).
Old 01-13-2008, 04:56 AM

Nice looking remote but too much money imo. I use this remote which does everything a 880 will do plus more with it's on-screen channel logos (and I don't have to connect it to a computer to program it). All that and only $65.
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SRU801...5633767&sr=1-1

Old 01-13-2008, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky Pine View Post
And people balk at paying $25 for a Sony Bluetooth remote.
I paid 19.99 at Best Buy with Price match.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert D View Post
Nice looking remote but too much money imo. I use this remote which does everything a 880 will do plus more with it's on-screen channel logos (and I don't have to connect it to a computer to program it). All that and only $65.
Connecting to the internet is one of the great strengths of the Harmony brand. It means that the remote will never be out of date. If a new component is released with never-before-used remote frequencies, you can just download them.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Connecting to the internet is one of the great strengths of the Harmony brand. It means that the remote will never be out of date. If a new component is released with never-before-used remote frequencies, you can just download them.
True but the cheaper remote is a learning remote with on-screen prompts to guide you through cloning any other remote.

I also have a remote that connects to the internet via WiFi. This remote updates itself every day without me connecing it to a computer and on top of that it has a full on-screen (remote) program display plus I can actually get news, weather, sports news, and even shop Amazon all from the remotes color screen.
http://www.amazon.com/Acoustic-Resea...985077&sr=1-37
Old 01-13-2008, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert D View Post
True but the cheaper remote is a learning remote with on-screen prompts to guide you through cloning any other remote.

I also have a remote that connects to the internet via WiFi. This remote updates itself every day without me connecing it to a computer and on top of that it has a full on-screen (remote) program display plus I can actually get news, weather, sports news, and even shop Amazon all from the remotes color screen.
http://www.amazon.com/Acoustic-Resea...985077&sr=1-37
I thought you were joking until I clicked the link. Amazing stuff.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi View Post
I thought you were joking until I clicked the link. Amazing stuff.
Ha ha it does sound like a joke now that I read it myself. Pretty amazing remote IMO however it could be a little sleeker and more stylish. I hear they are working on a second generation version that will be much sleeker with tons of style lol. The remote even has games you can play with Minesweeper being the first and I'm told more to follow. The remote on-screen program
guide is just great. I have Dish Network so now I don't have to pull up the guide on my HDTV, I just scroll through my remote to find what I want to watch (it even has detail information on any listed program). Also it will do a search on the remote for movies, sports, family, or whatever.

I see the remote is over $200 now on Amazon. When I bought it was just listed at $120.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:56 AM
analog/digital audio expert

That is pretty impressive.... Wonder why the price increase? How does it work? What gear are you running with it?
Old 01-16-2008, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post
That is pretty impressive.... Wonder why the price increase? How does it work? What gear are you running with it?
It works perfect and very easy to program. It has great range, I can point it at the opposite wall away from my equipment and it still works. I have it setup for my HD XA2, Pioneer 150FD plasma, Sony Mega changer, Denon 3808 receiver, 5 Port HDMI switch, a room Hepa air filter, and Dish Network DVR.

I don't know why the price jumped up so much. Perhaps Amazon had the original price listing in error and simply corrected it.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:05 AM

Its looking very nice in picture,but I have no need to replace it with my old one.