Hay guys, say hello to true 1080p streaming Hi-Def from CES - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Banned

http://wesleytech.com/new-satellite-...your-home/445/
Old 01-09-2008, 03:05 PM

Do people really want Downloads? I mean what happened to people wanting a physical copy of the movie, but downloads. HA! Have fun when the HD crashes.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:13 PM

That costs as much as a Blu-ray player. Considering we were all supposed to be fans of HDM here, why not just buy a Blu-ray player instead?

I thought VOD was supposed to be something that would appeal to the mass market. If $399 is too expensive for a Blu-ray player, what makes this such a great deal for the mass market?
Old 01-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamadeus View Post
I thought VOD was supposed to be something that would appeal to the mass market. If $399 is too expensive for a Blu-ray player, what makes this such a great deal for the mass market?
HD-DVD fanboy hypocritical reasoning?

Logan
Old 01-09-2008, 07:32 PM

Hey....if it's good enough for Michael Douglas, it's good enough for me. If this service can provide a truly wide assortment of titles, especially catalog titles, sign me up!!!
Content is KING...right Blu-bois!!!
Old 01-09-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krycek7o2 View Post
Do people really want Downloads? I mean what happened to people wanting a physical copy of the movie, but downloads. HA! Have fun when the HD crashes.
Say "hello" to the future, boys. Doesn't the ps3 do downloads and have a HD???
Old 01-10-2008, 10:35 AM

IF Sony HAs Anything To DO With COUNT ME WAY THE "F" OUT! NO WAY!
Old 01-10-2008, 10:50 AM
HD Adult Movie Enthusiast

i saw a better streaming video solution... it's only sd, but it has better... AHEM... content... this should be a hard decision...

www.fyretv.com
www.xtv.com

HOLY SHIT! a streaming video war between these two...
I think xtv will win because it has other content to quick change to if you have unexpected visitors...

might i add that xtv, which has been out for a while, has a digital coax output on it for 5.1 dolby digital...
Old 01-10-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggumsmax View Post
Website is up. Looks very promsing. They have a very nice video demo of how it works. Just wish I could listen to the audio at work.

http://xstreamhd.com
I went through the site a bit yesterday. The day before, after the Engadget article, it was way too slow to use. Yesterday it was running fine.

One thing of interest is that when they have an image on the television, it's a Sony logo.

Depending on the service price (not the hardware price), and both the quality and quantity of movies, I'd give it a shot.

They're really short of any information on anything besides how it's supposed to work. With bidirectional satellite though, it's bound to be pretty pricey. It would be interesting to find out who they're leasing satellite bandwidth from. It isn't likely they have their own.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
It would be interesting to find out who they're leasing satellite bandwidth from. It isn't likely they have their own.
Bingo. Don't you think if this works out, the satellite companies themselves would provide such a service? People have mentioned Voom, well I have it with Dish so it wouldn't be out of the question to have one of these satellite companies offer comparable services to their product lineup.

Personally, I'd hang tight on something like this. Something tells me there's a ViP922 looming in the horizon which will provide the same thing...