Blu-ray interactivity demo - Page 5 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-08-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
The PS3 they say, can also be upgraded.
How is that excluding anything? Even so, why would you even want to exclude the only player I was even talking about in the first place, you know, the one that the vast majority of Blu-ray owners have, unless you're trying to spread FUD?
You were the one that hoped I was joking. No, what I was posting is fact that you apparently somehow think is false in some way.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguy View Post
First off, we were talking about BD owners, not BD models. Secondly, I didn't even say all, I said the vast majority. So the vast majority of BD owners have a PS3 which is 1.1 right now and just an update away from 2.0.

Let's try some reading comprehension before we post.
yup, reading comprehension - read what I said - I did give the PS3 credit for being the only 2.0 possible player - my point was that there aren't any others that do currently. The PS3 is a gaming system - that can also play movies - and the rest of the world is now starting to look at BD players - not a gaming system. If there were other stand alones that had 2.0 or were at a reasonable price sony wouldn't have half the sales they have currently. Look at how many people here post that it's the only reason they have a PS3. It's a combination of the two (gaming system and for a while cheapest BD Player) that are keeping the PS3 afloat, neither can stand on there own. It's in Sony's best interest to keep the 2.0 profile out of stand alone players as long as they can.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:56 PM

hd Hdi is way cooler you have to admit it .hd dvd had all this 2 years ago ,blueray at ces vegas bd-live anythingblue can do hd does better.i waited two years for this crap.please!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:58 PM

so, is the assumption that ps3 is going to support BR profile 2.0? has sony come out and said this or are we just assuming so at this point? i mean, so far i have been thoroughly impressed with the firmware upgrade options thus far, and i hope they continue to impress me in the future with this option as well. anyone?
Old 01-09-2008, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymac View Post
My god.... I lost count on how many people have misunderstood other peoples's snarky sarcastic comments...

twister.. read lewis's comment again.. he was being sarcastic.

As for these features being a gimmick... DERR! The whole movie is a gimmick, what do you expect.

Maybe one day some Blu-Ray studio will some how wrangle the bdj into doing a cool online feature...like letting people play movies (like the Harry Potter ones) synced up with their friends and they can chat and stuff. It'll probably need a html engine pre-built in for something like that to be included really easy though, shame it's not. Maybe there will be a more advanced format that could have that stuff included in the future.

/that one's for you mntwister
I thought I read someone doing that somewhere with the internet sync of a movie between two devices?

I know the Netflix demo they made up using Silverlight allowed that. BTW, that was a totally cool demo. If the future of Video downloads is like that, I'm all for it (as long as it is 1080p).

Is it the xbox 360 that does that? Can you sync up 2 xboxes playing the same thing?
Old 01-09-2008, 09:44 PM

when will bd live/profile 2.0 discs be out? when will it be in players?
Old 01-09-2008, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
when will bd live/profile 2.0 discs be out? when will it be in players?
From the Engadget interview, the rep said "Summer of 2008".
Old 01-10-2008, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liqwid View Post
From the Engadget interview, the rep said "Summer of 2008".
Is that players or movies or both?
Old 01-12-2008, 08:04 PM

The first 2.0 disc will hit stores in just 9 days. Saw IV.