Universal is only hurting itself... - High-Def Digest Forums
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,704
Default Universal is only hurting itself...

Even IF Universal is about to support Blu-ray they are only hurting themselves by not comeing out strong for HD DVD at CES and at LEAST giveing people a few solid release dates.

It's just going to hurt overall HD DVD trust causeing people to buy less Universal movies if people feal the strong support isn't there anymore.
  #2  
Old 01-09-2007, 10:12 PM
Blurry's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by messin18 View Post
Even IF Universal is about to support Blu-ray they are only hurting themselves by not comeing out strong for HD DVD at CES and at LEAST giveing people a few solid release dates.

It's just going to hurt overall HD DVD trust causeing people to buy less Universal movies if people feal the strong support isn't there anymore.
I think people are just getting impatient. Universal will almost certainly announce its next slate of titles some time soon.
  #3  
Old 01-09-2007, 10:13 PM
StingerNLG's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,008
Default

I am starting to wonder if, other than being part of the HD DVD promotion group presser, they were even exhibiting at the show. That could explain why the HD DVD promo group announced the Universal titles and not Universal themselves.
  #4  
Old 01-09-2007, 10:51 PM
eNoize's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,605
Default

Sorry, guys, but I'm with messin on this one. Although I'm not nervous of Universal's commitment, it's just aggravating my nerves a bit that we haven't heard any huge announcements. But as they say "No news is good news," I suppose.
  #5  
Old 01-09-2007, 10:53 PM
Blurry's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNoize View Post
Sorry, guys, but I'm with messin on this one. Although I'm not nervous of Universal's commitment, it's just aggravating my nerves a bit that we haven't heard any huge announcements. But as they say "No news is good news," I suppose.
Yeah, I can agree with that. I want more titles please!!
  #6  
Old 01-09-2007, 11:07 PM
double l's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 369
Default

is there a chance they will support Blu-ray?i thougth that was pretty much not possible, and thats why they have not announced their titles or what?
  #7  
Old 01-09-2007, 11:10 PM
Blurry's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,187
Default

It seems very unlikely at this time. Apparently they were sponsoring a booth whose sole purpose was to promote HD DVD (and with cool HD DVD t-shirts!).
  #8  
Old 01-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,724
Default

Quote:
But as they say "No news is good news," I suppose.
Not when your sole purpose to be at CES is to deliver news. I mean, that's what CES is, a forum to showoff your wares, and Universal doesn't make players, so being the primary reason to support HD DVD, the least they could do is act like they do also.
  #9  
Old 01-10-2007, 08:18 PM
moepain4u's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Not when your sole purpose to be at CES is to deliver news. I mean, that's what CES is, a forum to showoff your wares, and Universal doesn't make players, so being the primary reason to support HD DVD, the least they could do is act like they do also.
I'm sorry I didn't see ANY movie companies pushing blu-ray or hd-dvd on the floor of CES. Universal did sponsor booth and had their movies playing at the booth. (see my threads)
  #10  
Old 01-10-2007, 08:34 PM
HarakoMeshi's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moepain4u View Post
I'm sorry I didn't see ANY movie companies pushing blu-ray or hd-dvd on the floor of CES. Universal did sponsor booth and had their movies playing at the booth. (see my threads)
The announcements, the pamphlets and all this stuff is what the media sees and what the 99.9% of the population who didn't go to the show reads about.
 

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
History repeats itself? Sony Scripture High Definition Smackdown 56 11-13-2007 01:04 AM
Walmart putting itself out of business? CaptainCanuck The Water Cooler 17 08-21-2007 05:17 PM
It feels like history repeats itself again bbc20000 High Definition Smackdown 23 08-21-2007 11:05 AM
Will history repeat itself? divian High Definition Smackdown 61 04-18-2007 10:03 PM
The true power of ps3 starting to show itself. blackacidevil98 Blu-ray and Video Game Consoles 10 01-27-2007 04:36 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off