I am disappointed. - High-Def Digest Forums
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 18
Default I am disappointed.

As an HD DVD backer, I am extremely disappointed. Blu-Ray has at least a few exclusive titles to look forward to, and Universal just keeps their mouth shut? I was really expecting announcements for Jurassic Park, Back to the Future, E.T., Jaws, Scarface... but no. I am disappointed.

I will only buy "Total HD" until this war is over, because I would hate to invest my money in the next Betamax (whichever format that may be).
  #2  
Old 01-09-2007, 08:33 PM
MichaelHDDVD's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,495
Default

Don't forget about the 300 title announcement. I'm sure Universal has alot of titles in there!
  #3  
Old 01-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Aodh's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutch86 View Post
As an HD DVD backer, I am extremely disappointed. Blu-Ray has at least a few exclusive titles to look forward to, and Universal just keeps their mouth shut? I was really expecting announcements for Jurassic Park, Back to the Future, E.T., Jaws, Scarface... but no. I am disappointed.

I will only buy "Total HD" until this war is over, because I would hate to invest my money in the next Betamax (whichever format that may be).
CES is a technological show, they showed the developments of HD interactivity, other announcements don't really need to be made here although given that's all the Blu-ray camp did it would have been nice. They'll announce titles when they can secure them, they don't want to say too far in advance because that affects current sales of DVDs and is poor business. They'll announce them at the times they can, between Uni, Wein, Warn and Para we're getting 300+ more titles this year, they'll come.
  #4  
Old 01-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutch86 View Post
As an HD DVD backer, I am extremely disappointed. Blu-Ray has at least a few exclusive titles to look forward to, and Universal just keeps their mouth shut? I was really expecting announcements for Jurassic Park, Back to the Future, E.T., Jaws, Scarface... but no. I am disappointed.

I will only buy "Total HD" until this war is over, because I would hate to invest my money in the next Betamax (whichever format that may be).
Might be a long time until "Total HD" actually comes out. I'm not sure how significant that universal didn't give dates for titles. I mean HD DVD did announce two new companies that will be makeing players, picked up a exclusive studio, and more of the same from toshiba. The only thing i took away from ces is the format war is far far far from over. I'll enjoy my hd-dvd movies for now. I might opt to netflix more ofton that buy though.
  #5  
Old 01-09-2007, 08:39 PM
MichaelHDDVD's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,495
Default

With out the movie announcements Blu-Ray would of had nothing.

HD DVD had the $600 1080p Toshiba A20, the announcement of additional storage and triple layers.
  #6  
Old 01-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Blurry's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,187
Default

It is clear that as far as status quo goes, HD DVD had much more to offer as far as hardware offerings, pricing and new capabilities.

Also, the MS announcements are not minor and they will mostly benefit the 360 add-on as part of a more integrated home entertainment center.
  #7  
Old 01-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Brad1963's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelHDDVD View Post
With out the movie announcements Blu-Ray would of had nothing.

HD DVD had the $600 1080p Toshiba A20, the announcement of additional storage and triple layers.
Exactly. HD DVD hardware really is coming though loud and clear at CES. I'm not giving up.

"Inside Man", "The Bourne Identity", "Pride & Prejudice", "Children of Men" vs. "Dude Where's My Car?", "Ladder 49", "Van Wilder" and "The Covenant"; there is no doubt in my mind that HD DVD is the better choice.
  #8  
Old 01-09-2007, 08:51 PM
MichaelHDDVD's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,495
Default

The Good Shephard is from Universal Studios. Another HD DVD exclusive.
  #9  
Old 01-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 27
Default

THE GOOD SHEPHARD?

HAHA

More like THE GOOD SNOREFEST..

Anyhow, BLU RAY BLU RAY BLU RAY!

I am getting one next month..

Trust me, I can't believe I am saying this! I used to hate BR and support HD DVD all the way. But I can't fight destiny!
  #10  
Old 01-09-2007, 08:58 PM
HarakoMeshi's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aodh View Post
CES is a technological show, they showed the developments of HD interactivity, other announcements don't really need to be made here although given that's all the Blu-ray camp did it would have been nice. They'll announce titles when they can secure them, they don't want to say too far in advance because that affects current sales of DVDs and is poor business. They'll announce them at the times they can, between Uni, Wein, Warn and Para we're getting 300+ more titles this year, they'll come.
It's true, but you have to admit that before CES the HD-DVD movie schedule looked a little empty and HD-DVD backers were quick to point out they were saving it for big announcements at CES. Now that didn't come to fruition I can't blame some people from having a bad taste in their mouth.
 

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Disappointed HD-player owner mitchl High Definition Smackdown 33 12-27-2007 09:16 PM
Extremely disappointed with Stargate messin18 Blu-ray Software General Discussion 9 08-09-2007 10:33 AM
"Full Metal Jacket" - Anyone else disappointed? goshikisen Blu-ray Software General Discussion 19 07-02-2007 12:56 PM
If it is "Over", are BluRay-ers ready to overpay and be disappointed? s2mikey High Definition Smackdown 1 06-20-2007 01:25 PM
Disappointed? Tofu Blu-ray Software General Discussion 3 02-09-2007 11:09 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off