HP and Blu-ray join forces - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-08-2007, 11:36 PM

Default HP and Blu-ray join forces

http://ces.engadget.com/2004/11/17/h...ehind-blu-ray/

http://ces.engadget.com/2007/01/08/h...lu-ray-writer/

Interesting tidbit from HP
Old 01-08-2007, 11:49 PM

That is very interesting news. I only wonder if this will change in a few months when sales figures of either format begin to drop or HP will be committed. Either way, it's pretty much as I figured it and still believe it to be very possible: Blu-ray might end up taking the PC industry due to its storage capacity.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNoize View Post
That is very interesting news. I only wonder if this will change in a few months when sales figures of either format begin to drop or HP will be committed. Either way, it's pretty much as I figured it and still believe it to be very possible: Blu-ray might end up taking the PC industry due to its storage capacity.
I believe that also because PC could really careless about VC1 and Mpeg 2 and 4 but to them, 25GB, 50GB, 88GB and whatever makes a difference for both providers, programmers, backup sake and long gevity of a particular format.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vooswing View Post
That's a good pick-up for Blu-ray.
Pick up? HP has been a BD supporter since day 1. This just means that they are just now starting to put them into prepackaged systems for sale. Not something I would call a pick up and unless the systmes are priced right it wont make any difference atthis point. Its the same with the laptop side. They have been inside laptops for some time but the price is simply way too high for people to buy them in any mass quantity.

OC...
Old 01-08-2007, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
End of 2007 is a long time away. A lot could happen in that time, but it is interesting.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:56 PM

This just goes to show what kind of idiots some of these reporters are. HP has been a major Blu-ray supporter. Infact they used to be Blu-ray exclusive in the beginning.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Pick up? HP has been a BD supporter since day 1. This just means that they are just now starting to put them into prepackaged systems for sale. Not something I would call a pick up and unless the systmes are priced right it wont make any difference atthis point. Its the same with the laptop side. They have been inside laptops for some time but the price is simply way too high for people to buy them in any mass quantity.

OC...
but isnt every one Blu-ray sold better then one not sold? lol

I love it. Like I said, had this been a thread about more HP units with HD-DVD, it would be like "Great Victory for consumers, HP and MS are on the side of the real winner and recognize what consumers want"

Anyways, again like ive stated, every one unit sold is great for the format and the more choices, the better for either format. Consumers want a choice and for the fellow who likes Blu-ray but dosent want the Dell, he can now go with the HP Media Center he has always liked and get the Blu-ray he wanted.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:59 PM

As to others stating comments about HP being with Blu-ray, yes, but them not releasing a product does the format no good. Its like MS saying they support HD-DVD but never releasing the HD-DVD attach on for the 360.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
That first link is from 2004, I fail to see how it is relevant now as news?

The second link stated that HP is launching their first Blu-Ray products while they have already had a number of HD-DVD products already out there.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
That first link is from 2004, I fail to see how it is relevant now as news?

The second link stated that HP is launching their first Blu-Ray products while they have already had a number of HD-DVD products already out there.
its relevant because its one more blu-ray product for the consumer to be able to choose from? thus greater sales and selection for Blu-ray? But yes, that did require thinking