Warner Blu-ray News - High-Def Digest Forums
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-08-2007, 10:41 PM
PeterB
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Warner Blu-ray News

Nothing new here we didn't get yesterday with the studio's HD DVD announcement:

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...ror_HD_DVD/428

Same exact press release, even, with Blu-ray instead of HD DVD. Still, nice to see at least one studio format-agnostic and allowing consumers to make their own choice?
  #2  
Old 01-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 238
Default

Total HD is their game. They wont give either format an advantage
  #3  
Old 01-08-2007, 11:19 PM
illegalprelude's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,961
Default

oohhh all I wanted was Matrix trilogy and their giving it to me. Oh how I love you WB
  #4  
Old 01-08-2007, 11:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
oohhh all I wanted was Matrix trilogy and their giving it to me. Oh how I love you WB
My favorite trilogy as well A must-buy for me, no doubt
  #5  
Old 01-09-2007, 08:11 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,955
Default

Bullitt! Yes that will be sweet. Love old Steve McQueen flicks.
  #6  
Old 01-09-2007, 12:05 PM
mitchelljd's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 749
Default

Glad they are matching the future releases on Blu-Ray. Makes sense for them because more blu-ray discs are being sold now.

BUT... what about other movies Warner released on HD DVD coming to Blu_Ray? Such as:

V for Vendetta
16 Blocks
ATL
Adventures of Robin Hood
Constantine
Terminator 3

and many more? shouldn't Warner offer these titles on Blu-Ray? they have already done most of the work.
  #7  
Old 01-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,955
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchelljd View Post
Glad they are matching the future releases on Blu-Ray. Makes sense for them because more blu-ray discs are being sold now.

BUT... what about other movies Warner released on HD DVD coming to Blu_Ray? Such as:

V for Vendetta
16 Blocks
ATL
Adventures of Robin Hood
Constantine
Terminator 3

and many more? shouldn't Warner offer these titles on Blu-Ray? they have already done most of the work.
They've already announced they'll be playing catch-up putting ALL of their HD DVD titles out on Blu-ray. Those titles will come.
  #8  
Old 01-10-2007, 03:50 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
They've already announced they'll be playing catch-up putting ALL of their HD DVD titles out on Blu-ray. Those titles will come.
That is what I like to hear! Studios not getting caught up in such a childish fight, and letting the consumers choose for themselves. Too bad other studios can't take a less political stand on this subject.
  #9  
Old 01-10-2007, 10:23 AM
AV_Integrated's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
They've already announced they'll be playing catch-up putting ALL of their HD DVD titles out on Blu-ray. Those titles will come.
I forget where I saw the announcement of this. I believe that it was here (High Def Digest) and that it called for WB to be caught up by mid year and to reamin in parity from that point forward.

I think WB just wants the final bugs with interactivity to be ironed out before they put the big guns out on Blu-ray. I'm sure more than a few Blu-ray owners are waiting for Batman Begins.
  #10  
Old 01-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,955
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by batreyud View Post
That is what I like to hear! Studios not getting caught up in such a childish fight, and letting the consumers choose for themselves. Too bad other studios can't take a less political stand on this subject.
I think it's far more likely Warner don't want to miss out on the BLu-ray buying public than anything to do with their real concern over the customer.
 

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good news/Bad news for 360 fans WallyWest Gaming Smackdown 28 12-05-2008 05:14 PM
Is Old News the Only Good News for HD-DVD? mitchl High Definition Smackdown 3 02-10-2008 12:04 AM
Samsung: "With the news from Warner we will put an emphasis on Blu-ray" zombieflanders CES 2008: General Discussion 5 01-07-2008 07:09 PM
Good News/Bad News for Blu-Ray (If this guy is telling the truth) WallyWest High Definition Smackdown 9 10-01-2007 09:25 AM
Smackdown material: The good news? DualShock 3. The bad news? IT COSTS WHAT!? Indy_aka_Rex Gaming Smackdown 39 09-20-2007 09:42 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off