Warner Blu-ray News - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-08-2007, 10:41 PM
PeterB

Default Warner Blu-ray News

Nothing new here we didn't get yesterday with the studio's HD DVD announcement:

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...ror_HD_DVD/428

Same exact press release, even, with Blu-ray instead of HD DVD. Still, nice to see at least one studio format-agnostic and allowing consumers to make their own choice?
Old 01-08-2007, 10:45 PM

Total HD is their game. They wont give either format an advantage
Old 01-08-2007, 11:19 PM

oohhh all I wanted was Matrix trilogy and their giving it to me. Oh how I love you WB
Old 01-08-2007, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
oohhh all I wanted was Matrix trilogy and their giving it to me. Oh how I love you WB
My favorite trilogy as well A must-buy for me, no doubt
Old 01-09-2007, 08:11 AM
Banned

Bullitt! Yes that will be sweet. Love old Steve McQueen flicks.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:05 PM

Glad they are matching the future releases on Blu-Ray. Makes sense for them because more blu-ray discs are being sold now.

BUT... what about other movies Warner released on HD DVD coming to Blu_Ray? Such as:

V for Vendetta
16 Blocks
ATL
Adventures of Robin Hood
Constantine
Terminator 3

and many more? shouldn't Warner offer these titles on Blu-Ray? they have already done most of the work.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchelljd View Post
Glad they are matching the future releases on Blu-Ray. Makes sense for them because more blu-ray discs are being sold now.

BUT... what about other movies Warner released on HD DVD coming to Blu_Ray? Such as:

V for Vendetta
16 Blocks
ATL
Adventures of Robin Hood
Constantine
Terminator 3

and many more? shouldn't Warner offer these titles on Blu-Ray? they have already done most of the work.
They've already announced they'll be playing catch-up putting ALL of their HD DVD titles out on Blu-ray. Those titles will come.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
They've already announced they'll be playing catch-up putting ALL of their HD DVD titles out on Blu-ray. Those titles will come.
That is what I like to hear! Studios not getting caught up in such a childish fight, and letting the consumers choose for themselves. Too bad other studios can't take a less political stand on this subject.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
I forget where I saw the announcement of this. I believe that it was here (High Def Digest) and that it called for WB to be caught up by mid year and to reamin in parity from that point forward.

I think WB just wants the final bugs with interactivity to be ironed out before they put the big guns out on Blu-ray. I'm sure more than a few Blu-ray owners are waiting for Batman Begins.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by batreyud View Post
That is what I like to hear! Studios not getting caught up in such a childish fight, and letting the consumers choose for themselves. Too bad other studios can't take a less political stand on this subject.
I think it's far more likely Warner don't want to miss out on the BLu-ray buying public than anything to do with their real concern over the customer.