My first day CES review blu-ray & HD-DVD - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-08-2007, 09:50 PM

Default My first day CES review blu-ray & HD-DVD

Okay guys I went straight to both camps as soon as I got there.

I wasn't impressed with HD-DVD and Blu-ray displays. Maybe because it was the first day not that many knowledgeable people were there.

Every question I asked no one could tell me an answer they had to go get someone. Could it be because they hire these models to stand there and act like they work for the companies.

No one in the HD-DVD area could give me prices or movie release schedules.
I had just missed going to the HD-DVD demo so I will go back tomorrow.

The movies they had going looked awesome and they had the 360 attachment on display playing Harry Potter clips. They also had their current library on display which looked good.

Over at the blu-ray camp I walked in just in time to see the guy do his demo.

The video demo looked awesome on blu-ray to. The guy tried to do a playstation 3 demo but the batteries died on the remote.

I almost fell over my chair when he said the Playstation 3 is the hottest selling gaming technology on the market. He also said with the million plus PS3's SOLD they have 7x the blu-ray owners out there.

I asked him of those so called million owners how many actually buy blu-ray disk??? He said he doesn't know but swiped my CES card to have someone get back to me LOL

Blu-ray also had some reading material saying how they would have 80% - 90% of the next generation market because of PS3 I let it go.

Hey I did get a pretty blu-ray pen

I did like the dual blu-ray/HD-DVD player by LG. Enter contest to win one (pray for me)

I also saw the dual blu-ray/hd-dvd players for the pc. I wanted to snatch it and run

Day one I would call even nothing that made me drool.

I did drool over the DLP and Plasma tv's, I almost crapped my pants when I saw the LG 100 inch Plasma tv.

I'll have pics for you all tomorrow. Really tired from all the walking.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:03 PM

Nice report.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:07 PM

Much appreciated.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:34 PM

Hope you win that LG Hybrid Player! Thanks for the information.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:38 PM

Thanks I promise I will get detailed info, pics and video tomorrow.

I'm not going to be biased I will ask the same tough questions in both camp.

These blu-ray sheep are getting annoying. They've been getting beat-up so much that they are running screaming to these boards with any news.

They think CES will decide who wins.. what a joke.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:43 PM

The other thing I will get details on is Microsoft's IPTV if it takes off as planned downloading movies will be the thing. I've said that before that within 10 years everyone will be downloading HD moves and I would see blu-ray or hd-dvd being used for storage.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:47 PM

moepain4u I have a question.

I don't know if you are going to visit the Microsoft section or the XBox 360 section but it would be great if you could get any information regarding the XBox 360 with the HDMI port.

You don't have to but it would be great to know
Old 01-08-2007, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelHDDVD View Post
moepain4u I have a question.

I don't know if you are going to visit the Microsoft section or the XBox 360 section but it would be great if you could get any information regarding the XBox 360 with the HDMI port.

You don't have to but it would be great to know
Oh yeah thanks for reminding me have to write it down so I don't forget.

the 360 is in the Microsoft section. Damn I hope I don't forget
Old 01-08-2007, 10:55 PM

Are you planning on attending the PS3 conference tomorrow?
Old 01-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moepain4u View Post
Okay guys I went straight to both camps as soon as I got there.

I wasn't impressed with HD-DVD and Blu-ray displays. Maybe because it was the first day not that many knowledgeable people were there.

Every question I asked no one could tell me an answer they had to go get someone. Could it be because they hire these models to stand there and act like they work for the companies.

No one in the HD-DVD area could give me prices or movie release schedules.
I had just missed going to the HD-DVD demo so I will go back tomorrow.

The movies they had going looked awesome and they had the 360 attachment on display playing Harry Potter clips. They also had their current library on display which looked good.

Over at the blu-ray camp I walked in just in time to see the guy do his demo.

The video demo looked awesome on blu-ray to. The guy tried to do a playstation 3 demo but the batteries died on the remote.

I almost fell over my chair when he said the Playstation 3 is the hottest selling gaming technology on the market. He also said with the million plus PS3's SOLD they have 7x the blu-ray owners out there.

I asked him of those so called million owners how many actually buy blu-ray disk??? He said he doesn't know but swiped my CES card to have someone get back to me LOL

Blu-ray also had some reading material saying how they would have 80% - 90% of the next generation market because of PS3 I let it go.

Hey I did get a pretty blu-ray pen

I did like the dual blu-ray/HD-DVD player by LG. Enter contest to win one (pray for me)

I also saw the dual blu-ray/hd-dvd players for the pc. I wanted to snatch it and run

Day one I would call even nothing that made me drool.

I did drool over the DLP and Plasma tv's, I almost crapped my pants when I saw the LG 100 inch Plasma tv.

I'll have pics for you all tomorrow. Really tired from all the walking.
This is a perfect example of why I wont support Sony and BD atthe present time. The arrogance is astounding. They will have 80-90% of the market due to sales of the PS3? Did people really buy that load of BS or were people shocked when he said that?

You didnt see these kind of comments at the HD DVD presentation. I Just dont understand why Sony and BD are going about this the way they are. Its such a turn off that Icant even describe it. They make everyone that isnt supporting BD out to be an idiot and they mke it seem like they have absolutly no chance in hell at failing or there isno chance in hell that HD DVD can succeed. I am sorry but after the year that Sony and BD just had you would think they would be a little less arrogant regarding their product but they arent, its like they are ven more arrogant and I refuse to support that kind of BS.

It really is mind boggling how they can continue to say things like thisgiven the current market. Mind Boggling.

OC..