I look forward to "Total HD". When is it coming around? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-08-2007, 07:37 PM

Default I look forward to "Total HD". When is it coming around?

Let's face it, one format will prevail. With the "Total HD", each purchase would be less of a risk, in my opinion. I would hate to have a huge collection of HD DVD's, just so that next year, the format is dead and HD-DVD's mean nothing. Having both formats on one disc is smart, as long as price does not increase.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutch86 View Post
Let's face it, one format will prevail. With the "Total HD", each purchase would be less of a risk, in my opinion. I would hate to have a huge collection of HD DVD's, just so that next year, the format is dead and HD-DVD's mean nothing. Having both formats on one disc is smart, as long as price does not increase.
Yeah i think Total HD is far better than players that play both. However i'm a little worried the price will be really high and mabye they won't be as reliable?
Old 01-08-2007, 11:10 PM

TotalHD does seem like a good option, like messin18 stated a much better choice than players which can play both formats. But the price does worry me. The HD DVD/DVD Combo discs are too expensive in my opinion. $34.99 for Superman Returns!!! Come on!!!! I can't imagine how much a total HD Disc would cost. $40+?
Old 01-08-2007, 11:23 PM

Seems like only HD-DVD backers are interested by this. I'm not worried about Blu-ray losing the format war at all so a combo disc is a waste of money to me.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelHDDVD View Post
TotalHD does seem like a good option, like messin18 stated a much better choice than players which can play both formats. But the price does worry me. The HD DVD/DVD Combo discs are too expensive in my opinion. $34.99 for Superman Returns!!! Come on!!!! I can't imagine how much a total HD Disc would cost. $40+?
Seems like they would have to pay double the royalties... and manufactureing cost would HAVE to be more expensive. I'd think it would be like $40-$50 and i'm not prepared to pay that.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarakoMeshi View Post
Seems like only HD-DVD backers are interested by this. I'm not worried about Blu-ray losing the format war at all so a combo disc is a waste of money to me.
Yeah, its not like I choose a few things to be interested in.

It's CES! I am interested in EVERYTHING there! Even the price of these discs.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Any rationally thinking sane person should be looking forward to a reasonably priced alternative that ends the format war. Ofcourse Sony and its fan boys are not included in this group since they would rather just ruin their business and personal lives trying to force their technology on others.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:12 AM

Quote:
So you wouldn't be interested in watching any of the movies coming on HD-DVD?