I look forward to "Total HD". When is it coming around? - High-Def Digest Forums
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 18
Default I look forward to "Total HD". When is it coming around?

Let's face it, one format will prevail. With the "Total HD", each purchase would be less of a risk, in my opinion. I would hate to have a huge collection of HD DVD's, just so that next year, the format is dead and HD-DVD's mean nothing. Having both formats on one disc is smart, as long as price does not increase.
  #2  
Old 01-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutch86 View Post
Let's face it, one format will prevail. With the "Total HD", each purchase would be less of a risk, in my opinion. I would hate to have a huge collection of HD DVD's, just so that next year, the format is dead and HD-DVD's mean nothing. Having both formats on one disc is smart, as long as price does not increase.
Yeah i think Total HD is far better than players that play both. However i'm a little worried the price will be really high and mabye they won't be as reliable?
  #3  
Old 01-08-2007, 11:10 PM
MichaelHDDVD's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,495
Default

TotalHD does seem like a good option, like messin18 stated a much better choice than players which can play both formats. But the price does worry me. The HD DVD/DVD Combo discs are too expensive in my opinion. $34.99 for Superman Returns!!! Come on!!!! I can't imagine how much a total HD Disc would cost. $40+?
  #4  
Old 01-08-2007, 11:23 PM
HarakoMeshi's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,599
Default

Seems like only HD-DVD backers are interested by this. I'm not worried about Blu-ray losing the format war at all so a combo disc is a waste of money to me.
  #5  
Old 01-08-2007, 11:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelHDDVD View Post
TotalHD does seem like a good option, like messin18 stated a much better choice than players which can play both formats. But the price does worry me. The HD DVD/DVD Combo discs are too expensive in my opinion. $34.99 for Superman Returns!!! Come on!!!! I can't imagine how much a total HD Disc would cost. $40+?
Seems like they would have to pay double the royalties... and manufactureing cost would HAVE to be more expensive. I'd think it would be like $40-$50 and i'm not prepared to pay that.
  #6  
Old 01-09-2007, 12:20 AM
MichaelHDDVD's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarakoMeshi View Post
Seems like only HD-DVD backers are interested by this. I'm not worried about Blu-ray losing the format war at all so a combo disc is a waste of money to me.
Yeah, its not like I choose a few things to be interested in.

It's CES! I am interested in EVERYTHING there! Even the price of these discs.
  #7  
Old 01-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarakoMeshi View Post
Seems like only HD-DVD backers are interested by this. I'm not worried about Blu-ray losing the format war at all so a combo disc is a waste of money to me.
Any rationally thinking sane person should be looking forward to a reasonably priced alternative that ends the format war. Ofcourse Sony and its fan boys are not included in this group since they would rather just ruin their business and personal lives trying to force their technology on others.
  #8  
Old 01-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Gnome's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,051
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarakoMeshi View Post
Seems like only HD-DVD backers are interested by this. I'm not worried about Blu-ray losing the format war at all so a combo disc is a waste of money to me.
So you wouldn't be interested in watching any of the movies coming on HD-DVD?
 

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Movies you look forward to seeing in 2010!! taygan315 Film Forum 26 12-21-2009 11:28 AM
So what do we have to look forward to in 2009? Windows V Blu-ray Wish Lists 16 10-10-2008 10:42 PM
What goes around comes around: The bell tolls for thee, WB... Gargamel HD DVD Software General Discussion 27 08-30-2008 06:23 AM
What 'as yet unannounced' titles do we have to look forward to? dmarvin Blu-ray Software General Discussion 19 02-16-2008 02:23 PM
Can we look forward to resume play in future firmware updates? Ultimate Hellspawn HD DVD Hardware General Discussion 4 12-17-2007 12:46 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off