Onkyo & Meridian To Creat HD DVD Player!!! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Banned

Default Onkyo & Meridian To Create HD DVD Player + 300 New Titles Announced!

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070107/nysu054.html?.v=1

Holy SHITE!!!! This is awsome news. An Onkyo HD-DVD player. Now I dont know wether to get the HD-XA2 or wait for the Onkyo. This just blows the BS out of the water about HD DVD only having Toshiba as a hardware supplier!! Read it and weap BD Fanboys!!

"Several of the more innovative of the Asian manufacturers such as Alco, Jiangkui/ED Digital, Lite-On, and Shinco will add competitively priced HD DVD products to the market, and well-known brands such as Meridian and Onkyo will create HD DVD players as well"

OC..

Last edited by OrangeCrush; 01-08-2007 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:10 PM

I knew there would be good news coming from CES.

Let's keep it up!
Old 01-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Banned

Plus this article says that HDDVD is announcing over 300 new movies for 2007. Thats a nice amount of new releases, like 25 per month.

OC..
Old 01-08-2007, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070107/nysu054.html?.v=1

Holy SHITE!!!! This is awsome news. An Onkyo HD-DVD player. Now I dont know wether to get the HD-XA2 or wait for the Onkyo. This just blows the BS out of the water about HD DVD only having Toshiba as a hardware supplier!! Read it and weap BD Fanboys!!

"Several of the more innovative of the Asian manufacturers such as Alco, Jiangkui/ED Digital, Lite-On, and Shinco will add competitively priced HD DVD products to the market, and well-known brands such as Meridian and Onkyo will create HD DVD players as well"

OC..
This is actually better news than I think many realize. Onkyo used to be my favorite CE, my preference eventually switched to the Pioneer Elite line, but I still have enormous respect for Onkyo (I still have three of their high end A/V receivers sitting around the house).

Meridian is just a big plus in name alone, they are one of the most respected providers of truly high end digital audio equipment. They created MLP (aka TrueHD and DVD-Audio) as part of their internal digital data transfer technology (EVERYTHING was digital with Meridian - way before it became mainstream). And their subwoofers are awesome, I would have gotten one but they are enormous. They are definitely a feather in the cap for HD DVD.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Banned

This is nice as well

"Of the more than 41 studios and distributors supporting HD DVD worldwide, Warner Home Video, Paramount Home Entertainment, Universal Studios Home Entertainment, HBO Home Video, New Line Home Entertainment, Genius Product, Inc., The Weinstein Company, Studio Canal, and Bandai Visual, one of the largest animation companies in the world, collectively announced more than 300 additional HD DVD titles will be released this year. The list included acclaimed hits such as: "The Departed," "The Good Shepherd," "Flags of Our Fathers," "Babel," the entire "Harry Potter" series, "The Matrix" trilogy and "Blade Runner". Hit TV series will also appear on HD DVD, including "Battlestar Galactica," "The Sopranos", and the original episodes of "Star Trek," which have been digitally remastered."

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA!!! GOD DAMN I WANT THAT SERIES NOW!!!

Great news coming out today for HD DVD owners, great news!!

OC..
Old 01-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
This is actually better news than I think many realize. Onkyo used to be my favorite CE, my preference eventually switched to the Pioneer Elite line, but I still have enormous respect for Onkyo (I still have three of their high end A/V receivers sitting around the house).

Meridian is just a big plus in name alone, they are one of the most respected providers of truly high end digital audio equipment. They created MLP (aka TrueHD and DVD-Audio) as part of their internal digital data transfer technology (EVERYTHING was digital with Meridian - way before it became mainstream). And their subwoofers are awesome, I would have gotten one but they are enormous. They are definitely a feather in the cap for HD DVD.

Yeah the meridian player should be super expensive and shouldnt really have a big impact on this war in itself but it is still awsome that the high end consumers now have an option.

This just goes into Toshiba'splan with hardware perfectly. Offering all different kinds of options for all different levels of income and player options.

OC...
Old 02-07-2007, 01:55 AM

Good news.