Buena Vista Reveals Large Catalog Of Blu-rays For 2007 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-06-2007, 01:30 AM

Default Buena Vista Reveals Large Catalog Of Blu-rays For 2007

Direct from Bill Hunt at Digital Bits. Kudos to Buena Vista for announcing Cars and Crimson Tide. Oh yeah, I guess to some people, exclusives aren't a big deal in HD, since you can always get the same movie in plain old DVD. However, if HD DVD had these titles coming, these same people would be singing a different tune.

(Come to think of it, I miss the good 'ole days of VHS. Wasn't that a format that kicked ass !?! Plenty of studio support and rock solid PQ !!!)

Of course, the PQ difference between VHS and DVD is less than the difference between DVD and the Next-Gen formats.

Digital Bits article from 1/5/07:

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents
Old 01-06-2007, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
Kudos to Buena Vista for announcing Cars
Quote:
Disney and Pixar's Cars (Summer)
I'll file that under "COMING SOMETIME". Shouldn't really give kudos for not really announcing anything. Also no Pirates? Not even a "sometime"?
Old 01-06-2007, 01:41 AM

Default ...

Hell yeah... The Rock!
Old 01-06-2007, 03:49 AM

So Disney's releasing a grand total of 14 BDs this year in the US?

How impressive.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:10 PM

It's too bad Cars and POTC looks really damn good already upconverted through my add-on. No reason for me to double dip.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
It's too bad Cars and POTC looks really damn good already upconverted through my add-on. No reason for me to double dip.
Classic response.

There's a big difference between "damn good" and "sweet mother of God that picture is incredible"

Upconverting from a 480p source doesn't hold a candle to a 1080p source.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aodh View Post
I'll file that under "COMING SOMETIME". Shouldn't really give kudos for not really announcing anything. Also no Pirates? Not even a "sometime"?
So are you saying that they're just kidding...that they won't actually be releasing these titles? Sony is simply giving consumers an idea of what's happening in '07.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
Direct from Bill Hunt at Digital Bits. Kudos to Buena Vista for announcing Cars and Crimson Tide. Oh yeah, I guess to some people, exclusives aren't a big deal in HD, since you can always get the same movie in plain old DVD. However, if HD DVD had these titles coming, these same people would be singing a different tune.

(Come to think of it, I miss the good 'ole days of VHS. Wasn't that a format that kicked ass !?! Plenty of studio support and rock solid PQ !!!)

Of course, the PQ difference between VHS and DVD is less than the difference between DVD and the Next-Gen formats.

Digital Bits article from 1/5/07:

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

This is obviously aimed at me and its so ignorant its comical. The fact that you deny the fact that this is a legitimate point just shows how biased you are. Hell even HK admitted that it was an important point and that guy denies everything, lol (No Offense HK) Bottom line is that anyone can in fact still purchase any movie on SD and the fact that most people already owns those movies is just another point not to be taken lightly.

The fact that you completely ignore this is all that needs to be said. If you would have read my post properly regarding this matter you would have read that I in fact said that studio exclusivity is still, and I quote here "Extremely Important" but to brush this point off as completely unimportant is not only ridiculous but downright ignorant.

Any level headed person in this forum would admit that this point in fact does make this format war very different from those in the past and that it will play a significant role on some peoples purchases, It already has effected mine and a few others on this board.

So again go ahead and make it seem like I said exclusives are completely unimportant when in fact I said they were still extremely important. Sticking words in other peoples mouths and twisting the meaning of people words are what you fanboys do best. Its the only way to get your side of the argument across. If you would have read my post correctly, this entire thread would have been pointless and you just couldn't have that now could you?

I honestly wonder if there is some kind of reading problem that becomes induced when one becomes so caught up in the success or failure of these formats, that it begins to border on insane. It seems the more fanboyish a certain person is the more likely they are to misquote you and to twist your words around. Its a bizarre phenomena that I have witnessed more and more lately.

OC...

Last edited by OrangeCrush; 01-06-2007 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidesic View Post
So are you saying that they're just kidding...that they won't actually be releasing these titles? Sony is simply giving consumers an idea of what's happening in '07.
I'm saying that with new formats, there's a lot of posturing that happens. They've had Spiderman on the cover of all their Blu-ray adds from the start, along with PotC. Saying titles will be released "Sometime" is no guarantee that it will happen.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidesic View Post
No, but so far Blu-ray has established a track record of not releasing titles when they say they will.