What's on tap? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-04-2007, 10:01 PM

Default What's on tap?

I know there's a CEDIA forum but that's more for predicitions just wanted to confirm that CEDIA does indeed begin tommorow and if so does anyone know the timetable for what day and times each HD and Blu-Ray speak? I saw on the CEDIA website from the 5th to the 8th but I just wanted to confirm that the 5th would actually be a news day rather then a social before the conference actually gets underway.Thanks
Old 09-05-2007, 12:35 AM
HDD Founder

As I understand it, both Toshiba and Sony have press conferences planned for late in the day Weds, so yeah, I would expect some news on day one.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:13 AM

These next few days could be rough. Where is my pacemaker??
Old 09-05-2007, 10:06 AM

What's on tap? Lots of screaming and angry fanboys on both sides.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneRobot View Post
What's on tap? Lots of screaming and angry fanboys on both sides.
What do you mean? We are all peace-loving people here....hehehe, no offense to either blu or red formats, LET THE BEST FORMAT WIN (e.g. BluRay)

LOL :P
Old 09-05-2007, 01:52 PM

I am expecting some big time annoncements from both camps. I will be very surprised if neither format does not take advantage of this event to spring some surprise annoncements on us. If I had to pick which format will give us the most shocking and surprising annoncements it would have to be hd dvd. Whether you admit it or not, they are starting to gain some serious steam,imho. Hope blu-ray does not come out of this event with their jaws dropped as they did with the Paramount annoncement.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
I am expecting some big time annoncements from both camps. I will be very surprised if neither format does not take advantage of this event to spring some surprise annoncements on us. If I had to pick which format will give us the most shocking and surprising annoncements it would have to be hd dvd. Whether you admit it or not, they are starting to gain some serious steam,imho. Hope blu-ray does not come out of this event with their jaws dropped as they did with the Paramount annoncement.
I totally agree. yes, this is about hardware, but there are a lot of people standing on the sidelines needing a pat on the head.

The biggest hug is needed by the BD fans, losing Paramount was huge. They need a hug and a feel good message. The sad fact is the message sold "HD DEAD BY SPRING 2008".

HD simply need to stay on message, the same message that we bought into. Price Points, sell consoles, new content.