Universal - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-16-2007, 11:52 AM

Jaws the Revenge has the best colors and that is why i like it best.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:15 AM

I'm afraid the Captain there is right. I remember reading last month in an archived article here that Spielberg, even though he is truely associated with Dreamworks and Universal and makes some of the best movies on their charter, wont allow his movies to be made on HD-DVD. As smart as he is, he, I believe, owns the rights to all the movies he makes. Key note is that he is an avid supporter of Blu-Ray and he himself doesn't understand how a studio like Paramount could be bought (At least that's what most sources say the deal was with Paramount about going suddenly HD-DVD exclusive recently). That could be the only reason. He owns the rights to his movies, he decides what is distributed in high-definition (I mean he decides which of his movies go on whatever format).

In addition to the comments posted here about the "First Jaws movie being crap", well think about it, most movies back then had low budgets. Second, it is a classic and what started the Jaws series. Maybe the reason why it isn't on HD-DVD yet is cuz it's like, why make parts 2, 3, and 4 of a 4-parter series if you cant get the first one. It's like getting the middle and end of a big thing but not the beginning. Know what I mean?