Toshiba, CBS to Offer "Phaser" HD DVD Remote Control - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-06-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
Agreed. This is a great marketing idea. Many people will want to get one, I mean... how cool is that!! Boys in blu better start getting together some eye catching marketing/sales strategies. Your ball Sony. Score already!! On the other hand, last I checked...the Star Trek season 1 collection was going to retail for $215!!! Too much for me.
Amazon has it for pre-order for $138.95 ... still pricey but waaaayy less than the originally announced $200+ price.

I don't have enough posts for a link but it's easy to find.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:42 PM

I believe this is the Phaser Remote Control their talking about http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/s...ill-240771.php
What do u think?
Old 09-06-2007, 03:50 PM

That's sweet. And I'm not even into the show.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightWatcher View Post
This is going to be irresistible to all the die hard Star Trek fans. I wonder what this thing looks like?
This is by far the best marketing idea I've ever heard of for an emerging product. I want a phaser!
Old 09-06-2007, 04:03 PM

Although not as cheap as HEROES (10 bucks a disc), this set is certainly cheaper than SOPRANOS (21 bucks a disc)!

On top of that... 28 epsiodes in HD and SD.... Where do people think this set is not worth it?

Lego
Old 09-06-2007, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jed View Post
Star Trek seems to emerging as the centerpiece of the HD DVD camp's Q4 plans to woo new consumers:

just posted:
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...te_Control/937
Quote: Announced yesterday at CEDIA, the two companies say fans who buy both a Toshiba HD DVD player and the upcoming 'Star Trek: The Original Series - Season 1' HD DVD/DVD combo release will be offered an exclusive, limited edition Star Trek Phaser remote control that will operate Toshiba's HD DVD players.

Don't forget you have to buy the Toshiba HD DVD player and the Star Trek Season in order to receive the Star Trek Phaser...
Old 09-06-2007, 04:43 PM

Thinking past the whole Blu-Ray HD-DVD thing, as sweet as that thing looks and I've been known to buy sets just for this kind of thing, I don't think that's going to be enough to entice this Star Trek fan into purchasing HD-DVD. I mean let's remember how much these sets are going to sell for... If it's Star Trek, they sell it to you for 2 to 3 times what it's really worth. I'd much rather have a season of Stargate SG1, or Smallville, or BSG and I could probably get two to three seasons of any one of those for that price. Sorry Paramount, Iam just not that easy.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nene View Post
I'd much rather have a season of Stargate SG1, or Smallville, or BSG and I could probably get two to three seasons of any one of those for that price. Sorry Paramount, Iam just not that easy.
That's OK - you keep playing hard to get.

I'm all over Star Trek TOS and that remote.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nene View Post
Thinking past the whole Blu-Ray HD-DVD thing, as sweet as that thing looks and I've been known to buy sets just for this kind of thing, I don't think that's going to be enough to entice this Star Trek fan into purchasing HD-DVD. I mean let's remember how much these sets are going to sell for... If it's Star Trek, they sell it to you for 2 to 3 times what it's really worth. I'd much rather have a season of Stargate SG1, or Smallville, or BSG and I could probably get two to three seasons of any one of those for that price. Sorry Paramount, Iam just not that easy.
not to be mean, but those shows suck compared to the origional star trek, end of story. roll your eyes.
"must bash what one cannot have"
Old 09-06-2007, 10:15 PM

So if you ALREADY have a standalone player and then you buy the TREK set do you still get the phaser? That's what I'd like to know.