Sony Introduces Two New Blu-ray Players - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 569
Default What a suprise..

Believe it or not, I have both formats, not by choice, but by force. See, I want certain films for there lossless audio. mostly Fox films but they are all BD exclusive. I dont like blu ray, it gives the same picture and audio quality and experiance as HD-DVD for double the price. lol hello!!! People, guess what, studios are NOT going to use 50GB of space for the movie. Look at Pirates of the Carribean, if that BD was really made well using VC-1 and even LPCM, they could have fit all there features on 1 disc. I mean, hello, 50GB of space wasnt enough??? Yeah right!

This anouncment is not a suprise at all, as a matter of fact, this is one of my biggest complaints about the BD format, HARDWARE INCONSISTANCY! To get all the feautres BD has to offer you have to drop almost 1,000 bux! No thanks! Even with all the features as the top end model for Blu Ray, HD-DVD is doing it at $499!!!!!!!!! (3rd gen players from Toshiba)

I truely hope HD-DVD is victorious in this war! It IS the TRUE value for the consumer. Look at Transformers on HD-DVD! That is going to be sick! My only gripe with it is the use of Dolby Digital Plus! That hurts Paramount, hope you change that before the street date!

-dad, out! <:-|
  #12  
Old 09-05-2007, 11:18 PM
PIHB's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,382
Default

Sweet everybody is made of money and will chose a high priced blu ray player
  #13  
Old 09-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 107
Default

I really surprised no Blu Boys have come to defend this thread yet....
  #14  
Old 09-05-2007, 11:54 PM
PIHB's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Groshko View Post
I really surprised no Blu Boys have come to defend this thread yet....
whats there to defend, you dont stop a mugger in new york, why go against the grain
  #15  
Old 09-05-2007, 11:57 PM
spider1981's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Groshko View Post
I really surprised no Blu Boys have come to defend this thread yet....
What would be the point really? If these new players arent at least 1.1 compliant, it's a really crappy deal I think. When are they going to get their sh%t together? (And this is coming from a Blu Fan)

Besides, it seems on this entire highdefdigest forums lately if you're a blu fan, you cannot say a single thing in defense about anything blu without being ripped to shreds by vengeful HD DVD fans (vengeful that is from the months of oppression from the hardcore Blu's during their winning streak)

Anyways, I am hoping that maybe there is a chance these things can be 1.1 compliant or at least upgradable? Has anyone been able to confirm any of that yet?
  #16  
Old 09-06-2007, 12:10 AM
nexpos's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 566
Default

So much for the HD DVD grievances about hardware prices. Either this, or 1099 for the Onkyo HD DVD player.
  #17  
Old 09-06-2007, 01:10 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexpos View Post
So much for the HD DVD grievances about hardware prices. Either this, or 1099 for the Onkyo HD DVD player.
Or a $149 Venturer, or $199-$249 HD-A3. It seems the new 3rd generation Toshiba's will be priced lower and the new Sony BR players are getting more expensive.
  #18  
Old 09-06-2007, 01:17 AM
Merrick97's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra2jzgte View Post
Believe it or not, I have both formats, not by choice, but by force. See, I want certain films for there lossless audio. mostly Fox films but they are all BD exclusive. I dont like blu ray, it gives the same picture and audio quality and experiance as HD-DVD for double the price. lol hello!!! People, guess what, studios are NOT going to use 50GB of space for the movie. Look at Pirates of the Carribean, if that BD was really made well using VC-1 and even LPCM, they could have fit all there features on 1 disc. I mean, hello, 50GB of space wasnt enough??? Yeah right!

This anouncment is not a suprise at all, as a matter of fact, this is one of my biggest complaints about the BD format, HARDWARE INCONSISTANCY! To get all the feautres BD has to offer you have to drop almost 1,000 bux! No thanks! Even with all the features as the top end model for Blu Ray, HD-DVD is doing it at $499!!!!!!!!! (3rd gen players from Toshiba)

I truely hope HD-DVD is victorious in this war! It IS the TRUE value for the consumer. Look at Transformers on HD-DVD! That is going to be sick! My only gripe with it is the use of Dolby Digital Plus! That hurts Paramount, hope you change that before the street date!

-dad, out! <:-|
ummmm HELLO. Studios ARE using the 50GB space. PotC is an example and I challenge you to find a better looking HD disc. Disney felt that they could maximize the bitrate by putting the extras on a 2nd disc and you are actually COMPLAINING about that. If you already have a bluray player why do you care one little bit about price? Most movies on bluray are actually CHEAPER than their HD-DVD counterparts. THINK MCFLY THINK!!!
  #19  
Old 09-06-2007, 01:57 AM
JBDragon's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 39
Default

Ummm, I thought Blu-Ray had so much room that a Second Disc wouldn't be needed? Must be using Mpeg2!

As for your so called Cheaper Blu-Ray Movies. Are you kidding me? Do you not know anything? The More Expensive HD DVD version, a whole $5 by the way is because those movies are DUEL FORMAT. As in there's a HD DVD version on one side, and a DVD version on the other side. This way you can still play the movie in all your other DVD players without having to spend even more money to by a DVD version. How many people have more then 1 HD player? How about you go a a trip and you pop that movie into the DVD player in your car to keep the kids happy for example. Or you want to go watch the movie in Bed, or whatever. Your HD player is in your Main room hooked up to your Surround sound system. Really, the only problem with this is from people like yourself that think HD DVD Movies just cost more. Yes we have Duel format Disc's and HD versions with lots of extra content the Blu-Ray version lacks, but whatever makes you sleep at night.
  #20  
Old 09-06-2007, 02:12 AM
JBDragon's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexpos View Post
So much for the HD DVD grievances about hardware prices. Either this, or 1099 for the Onkyo HD DVD player.
You do know that you can almost get DVD players for FREE and yet you can also buy them that cost thousands also! A Plain old DVD player. There's different markets. High end, Med Range, and Low end. Try comparing those Categories to Both formats. Because the High end Blu-Ray player is more then DOUBLE that HD DVD player price!!!

I guess if you prefer a Unfinished format with lots of Restrictions, that I can only assume your one of them Sony paid Employees going around because Sony's monopolizing the market...making the media, building the hardware, and controlling the music and video industry. Might as well build your house in Sony Land and they can control everything else in your life also. If that's really what you want. I want NOTHING to do with it. Not even MS has that kind of control.
 

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BenQ Introduces Two New 1080p Projectors scohen Home Theater Gear 1 08-26-2014 11:53 PM
Pioneer Introduces Two New Class D3 7.2 Receivers Brian Hoss Home Theater Gear 0 05-30-2013 12:08 PM
Polk Introduces Two New SurroundBars TheDickWard Home Theater Gear 0 06-15-2012 02:05 PM
Marantz Introduces Two New Receivers to Replace Last Year's Flagship TheDickWard Home Theater Gear 2 07-01-2011 09:26 PM
Pioneer Introduces 3 New Blu-Ray Players! Arkadin CES 2009 Discussion 10 06-04-2009 12:05 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off