Integra Introduces its First HD DVD Player at 2007 CEDIA Expo - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-06-2007, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrick97 View Post
YES, please keep bringing support that more than doubles the cost of bluray players!!!
Not so fast---A couple of hours later, Sony busted loose with a $1300 BD player. Never underestimate the power of corporate greed and consumer naive!
Old 09-06-2007, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBDragon View Post
You know there's really crazy DVD player prices also still to this day even though you can almost get them for for nothing. There's a market for High End Electronics,
This is a good point! There is definately a market for high end electronics, Denon and Onkyo still have SD DVD players for $2000+.

I think today has just been a shock to everyone expecting both HD DVD and BD to announce cheaper players but instead both announced more expensive players.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRT View Post
Never underestimate the power of corporate greed and consumer naive!
I don't think this can be attributed to corporate greed as much as it has to do with the real costs of high end players! This is still new technology and with 1st gen players there is an additional R&D cost and start up costs. I just think it's to early to expect SD DVD prices.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:08 AM

Default The War on Drugs, I mean: The War on Format

Why don't all of you just buy both. You can do it! You'll love the option! And----you know that I know that you know you will all eventually upgrade both as the price goes down and the feature set goes up. That's how we are! We live for this. If you are still featuring a turntable, 8-track, reel-to-reel and a collection of 78's, then you can call me a liar. If not, recognize the fact that no matter what happens between blu-ray and hd-dvd, another sharper and clearer and sweeter format is waiting in the wings. You might as well enjoy these formats while you're all still alive instead of fighting a so called format war. Tomorrow is not promised so don't let these moments slip away. Twenty years from now the audio will be so good only a dog will be able to hear it and the video so sharp with so many pixels only a golden eagle will be able to take advantage of the clarity. The current format war only fuels and sells each format. None of the companies that you have planned a demise for are going away. They will just come up with a better mouse trap.

Your Fellow Video-Audiophile,

T. R. Tatum
Old 09-06-2007, 01:09 AM

If there is a demand for "High end," HD DVD CE equipment, then now there is a new supplier to meet that demand! =p~

If not, then the price will drop or Onkyo will drop the product...it's very simple. )
Old 09-06-2007, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Omega_Man View Post
If there is a demand for "High end," HD DVD CE equipment, then now there is a new supplier to meet that demand! =p~

If not, then the price will drop or Onkyo will drop the product...it's very simple. )
Your point is not totally without merit!
Old 09-06-2007, 01:19 AM

I used to walk to the electronics store every month with my father to test the tubes of our Zenith B&W console TV. I'm quite sure people were whinning about the price of color TV's back then, but they didn't have the internet forums and cell phones or blackberries, etc. That didn't stop technology from evolving! The clock is running and my grandparents (if they were still alive) would be floored at today's technology. Live in the moment. Enjoy all formats. I think it's great!
Old 09-06-2007, 01:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexpos View Post
Which one can I get now for 199? None. Also, I'd expect to pay more at this point for the Blu-ray players anyway. I mean, look at the hardware manufacturer comparison. HD-DVD Toshiba / Onkyo (probably Toshiba player) vs the rest of the universe.
Shinco, Venturer, Alpine, Onkyo and Integra and the 3 new Gen 3 HD DVD players will all ship by early Q4 '07.

It looks like the Shinco and Venturer players will be below $200, where are the below $200 BR players? Looks like more than just Toshiba are releasing new players this year.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRT View Post
I used to walk to the electronics store every month with my father to test the tubes of our Zenith B&W console TV. I'm quite sure people were whinning about the price of color TV's back then, but they didn't have the internet forums and cell phones or blackberries, etc. That didn't stop technology from evolving! The clock is running and my grandparents (if they were still alive) would be floored at today's technology. Live in the moment. Enjoy all formats. I think it's great!
I can't hardly wait to see what's next!
Old 09-06-2007, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunction26 View Post
Shinco, Venturer, Alpine, Onkyo and Integra and the 3 new Gen 3 HD DVD players will all ship by early Q4 '07.

It looks like the Shinco and Venturer players will be below $200, where are the below $200 BR players? Looks like more than just Toshiba are releasing new players this year.
I'll bet you that within 12 months, you'll be able to buy a dual format player for under $300. Write down the exact time and date I typed this post.

Wait until the off brand companies get a slice of the pie! Example: Acme Universal BD,HD DVD, DVD, CD, etc player for $ 99.98 available at Wal-Mart.

Last edited by TRT; 09-06-2007 at 01:28 AM. Reason: There's More!