Integra Introduces its First HD DVD Player at 2007 CEDIA Expo - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolo View Post
I like the Blu spin
No spin it's the truth.p_-
Old 09-05-2007, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrick97 View Post
YES, please keep bringing support that more than doubles the cost of bluray players!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by citrixguy View Post
Not quite more than the $2000 Denon

sorry, try again
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolo View Post
Denon B-ray 4 2000$

Edit: U are fast citrix
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdsaint View Post
What about the Pioneer Elite Blu Ray model at over $1,100 or the one they announced the other day in Japan that will be introduced at a cool $2,500? Oh of course these don't count huh?
DJD
Why is it okay for the HD DVD owners to compare the cheapest HD DVD player to BD players but not for BD owners to compare the cheapest BD player to an HD DVD player?

It IS twice as expensive as certain BD players... FACT.

All of these responses are the same as anyone replying to BD players being twice as expensive as HD DVD players by saying: "No they aren't... the XA2 is more expensive than the BD300"

I have been looking forward to an Onkyo (Integra or plain) player but these prices are as rediculous as BD's prices! I was atleast hoping for a $500 pricetag... looks like I will have to wait for Onkyo's 2nd gen machine.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:25 PM

Jesus, what about HD DVD's touted price advantage???
Old 09-05-2007, 09:37 PM

All of these announcements have to be PS3 conspiracies. Because everything I'm hearing is moving me closer and closer to getting a PS3 to play Blu-ray. Right now I kinda feel like I've been kicked in the nuts by both Blu-ray and HD DVD. What the hell is going on with these eefing prices? They're going the WRONG way! WTF?!!!!
Old 09-05-2007, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrob View Post
Jesus, what about HD DVD's touted price advantage???
Integra is a premium brand name. Think of it as the Lexus line of HD DVD players.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:16 AM

So much for the HD DVD fans' arguments about cheap players.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrick97 View Post
YES, please keep bringing support that more than doubles the cost of bluray players!!!
Let's see HD-DVD players cost from $199-$1100.

Blu-ray players cost form $499-$2500.

Hmmmmmm, looks like HD-DVD still costs less for entry-level and full-featured.

By half!!!!!) )
Old 09-06-2007, 12:41 AM

Ummm, There are Low end Players and High End Players. I don't see any $199 Blu-Ray players even close!

Hd DVD's High end player is Half the price of Blu-Ray's High end player, just like HD DVD low end player is Half the Price of Blu-Ray's Low end player. That's just silly and like a Blu-Ray fanboy to go compare a Cheap low end Blu-Ray player to a High End HD DVD player and think HD DVD really isn't so cheap. Who are you trying to fool?

Even though I'd never buy this player as it's out of my price range and I don't need it's features, there's a lot of people who do, and this will be a really nice HD DVD player to have. The more HD DVD players the better. Get a player out there for everyone's price range.

You know there's really crazy DVD player prices also still to this day even though you can almost get them for for nothing. There's a market for High End Electronics, Not everyone can afford a Lamborghini, but there's a larger market for a much cheaper Toyota or a low end $199 HD DVD player. Some of the High End stuff does trickle down to the low end stuff over time.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ch-DeeFan View Post
Let's see HD-DVD players cost from $199-$1100.

Blu-ray players cost form $499-$2500.

Hmmmmmm, looks like HD-DVD still costs less for entry-level and full-featured.

By half!!!!!) )
Which one can I get now for 199? None. Also, I'd expect to pay more at this point for the Blu-ray players anyway. I mean, look at the hardware manufacturer comparison. HD-DVD Toshiba / Onkyo (probably Toshiba player) vs the rest of the universe.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBDragon View Post
Ummm, There are Low end Players and High End Players. I don't see any $199 Blu-Ray players even close!

Hd DVD's High end player is Half the price of Blu-Ray's High end player, just like HD DVD low end player is Half the Price of Blu-Ray's Low end player. That's just silly and like a Blu-Ray fanboy to go compare a Cheap low end Blu-Ray player to a High End HD DVD player and think HD DVD really isn't so cheap. Who are you trying to fool?

Even though I'd never buy this player as it's out of my price range and I don't need it's features, there's a lot of people who do, and this will be a really nice HD DVD player to have. The more HD DVD players the better. Get a player out there for everyone's price range.

You know there's really crazy DVD player prices also still to this day even though you can almost get them for for nothing. There's a market for High End Electronics, Not everyone can afford a Lamborghini, but there's a larger market for a much cheaper Toyota or a low end $199 HD DVD player. Some of the High End stuff does trickle down to the low end stuff over time.
I wouldn't say that Venturer is the Toyota of HD DVD Players, that's a stretch.

Now we're comparing high end player to high end player? This is becoming laughable. HD DVD folks are pis*ed that a 1000+ dollar HD DVD player is out. It seriously damages the "oh my, look how expensive BD players are!" argument. Just admit it, and hope another manufacturer comes out with a player soon.