Somewhere In Time - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-29-2009, 09:07 PM

Default Somewhere In Time

Yeah it's a chick flick, but many guys like it, too.
The DVD was horribly done and blue ray could easily resolve it's problems.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:44 AM

Default I'll second that 'Somehere in Time' plea

Yeah, when is Universal gonna get off their duffs and release this cult classic...

This movie does have quite the cult following and they still have the annual convention on Mackinac Island where it was filmed.

I have the 1.85:1 Special Edition DVD but it looks quite poor to me and it's not even "anamorphic" wide-screen. I don't know what the quality of the original print is since it was a lower budget production. I also suspect the director had an intentionally diffused look to support the time-travel and romance aspect of the story. All that said, they could master a good release if they wanted to.

With all the garbage that has been ported to Blu-ray, I am at a loss as to why this one has not been released.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:55 PM

I have created a facebook page which anyone can simply "Like" to petition the powers-that-be to bring Somewhere In Time to Blu-ray via the high-quality transfer and/or restoration that it deserves. I cannot post links on here yet, so please search facebook for "Bring Somewhere In Time to Blu-ray" to find the page. You can also Google the same phrase to find the page.

Last edited by DanTheMan; 11-22-2011 at 12:52 PM. Reason: ad
Old 07-26-2011, 07:59 PM

One of my favorites - would definitely welcome this on Blu-ray
Old 09-07-2011, 04:52 PM

One of my favorite movies!! This would be a must own for me.