Legends of the Fall - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-03-2009, 09:21 AM

Default Legends of the Fall

It's amazing for a film that has been previewed since BD debuted in 2006, this film STILL isn't on BD. I keep saying to myself, "maybe they'll release it in the fall" and every fall passes and it's still not released.

I normally love Ed Zwick films so when I saw Sony release ABOUT LAST NIGHT and GLORY, I started to get really excited for this year. I've been checking to see Sony's releases for 2009 and they've yet to announce this title.

After seeing John Toll's magnificent photography on BRAVEHEART, makes me want to see the beautiful photography of LEGENDS OF THE FALL and yet it still hasn't been announced. I do have to wonder why this title is constantly delayed, particularily as Sony has announced a backlog of catalog titles for the fall.

Anyone else looking forward to this title?
Old 09-07-2009, 04:26 PM

Yes. Magnificent cinematography that will shine on Blu-ray. Wonder what the hang-up is since this title was announced so early on.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dommie View Post
Yes. Magnificent cinematography that will shine on Blu-ray. Wonder what the hang-up is since this title was announced so early on.
Exactly!!

There is so much about this film where I crave it on BD. While some parts of the film are diffused, the background scenery in the film is so beautiful. The beautiful lit exteriors and interiors should look beautiful. Colors probably won't be bold, but they should be natural looking and well stated. Now if they use the proper film elements for the master, I think it could look as beautiful as most of Braveheart looks.

As for the audio i'm so looking forward to hearing my favorite James Horner score in lossless audio. Of course i'd crave to have a lossless "score" track like what on the Special Edition DVD. I also feel that Legends of the Fall has potential for lots more audio bliss than the music. The war sequences along with the final montages and ending should make for some aural bliss!!

Either way, this can't come soon enough!!
Old 10-08-2009, 11:46 AM

There were some rumors about an extended edition, if I remember correctly. I remember seeing this in theaters, good movie, will buy the .
Old 12-09-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibor Lugosi View Post
There were some rumors about an extended edition, if I remember correctly. I remember seeing this in theaters, good movie, will buy the .
Wow, i'd never heard about an extended edition, I would welcome it. I understand there was a scene by the gazebo where Suzanna confronts Tristan before her eventual fate is sealed. That would be a powerful scene. If they do have an extended edition, I would hope they offer both theaterical and extended editions. I happen to think it's one of the most perfect films i've seen.